Skip to content

Vote on Features

624 results found

1. Reminders on specific days

I've been checking the way how to use reminders only on some days and I found this in FAQ section:
    Can I get alerts on specific days?
    Yes. On the Edit Tracker view, tap Alerts and choose Weekdays for specific days of the week.

However this is not there in the app, there is no Alerts in edit tracker view, just reminders that do not have specific days and "when to log" with specific days. However the reminders alerts me also on the off days, kind of annoying when you have more things you do not do on weekends. Not…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry for the confusion. That answer hadn’t been updated in a long time so thanks for pointing that out. I just updated it to:

“Yes. On the tracker’s Settings view, tap When to Log and choose the days you’d like to log. Tapping the When to Log can change it to every X days, weeks, months, etc.

Then, go back to the tracker Settings view and tap the Reminders field to add as many as you’d like. They will all be triggered on the days you chose in When to Log."

If you’re still getting reminders on non-log days, feel free to reply to this email because that would be a bug we haven’t seen before.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle

2. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! You can set a goal for any number per day/week/month/year you like using the Average tracker (Create my own > Number > Average).

Kyle

3. Be able to mark several days of habits completed at once

I moved from another habit application. Because this one is amazing. But I’ve completed habits that I would like to Check off retroactively in strides.
    For example: I want to mark habits completed from today and 30 days back. Even if importing is hard to integrate from other apps, this would help me to add habits I’ve done 600+ times and continue to see my statistics.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Welcome to Strides. :)

You can very quickly backlog in bulk from a habit’s History view (second tab from the left above its charts). Just set the Start Date in the past and you can log a day with a single tap.

Kyle

4. Can't get into my account via computer

I canget into the app on the phone, but not the computer. It doesn't seem to have a field for FORGOT PASSWORD or to reset it.
    Anyone have any advice? I don't see a contact email.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out, and for your support!

Sorry for the confusion. We’re in the process of switching to iCloud sync because it’s faster, more reliable and more private than our old sync system. Plus, it doesn’t require an email and password, it just works automatically with the tap of a button. If you’ve already signed up for an account on the old system then you can log in here: https://my.stridesapp.com/login

If you need to reset your password, you can do that with the (?) button on the right side of the Password field, either in the iOS app (under the link at the bottom of the Sync & Backup view) or on the web here: https://my.stridesapp.com/remind

Here are the details of what we’re changing and why: https://www.stridesapp.com/support.html

In short, it’s because the web app was very rarely used, lost a bunch of money over five years, and…

5. Alternate day setting

A way to set an activity to occur/be logged on alternate days

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make privacy lock support facetime

Having FaceTime as a way to unlock the app Can be useful as a way to make this sometimes desired configuration be less inconvenient. Having to enter a password all the time can make this a bit more tedious and yes I’m aware of the option to make password not needed for a determined account of time however that defeats the purpose of wanting to lock the app in the first place. With facetime, the lock could remain in place at all times given how fast and seamless authentication usually is.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Privacy Lock supports Face ID for unlocking the app. Sounds like it might just be disabled in the Settings app. If you don’t see the Face ID option, try disabling Privacy Lock and setting it up again. You should get a prompt to allow Face ID access.

Kyle

7. Set timing as a year

I’d love to be able to set goals for the year, as opposed to just the day, week or month. Like reading 10 books PER YEAR, instead of 1 book per month. Or working about 200 times per year instead of 4 times a week.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! The Habit tracker is designed for more frequent actions, even a month is a bit longer than a typical habitual behavior, but you can set an Average tracker up to set a per year goal.

Kyle

8. Improve History view

Make it easier to see log history by removing empty rows for unlogged days, allow choosing/editing time stamps, show notes in-line, improve legibility and make it easier to add/delete logs.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Track habits that I want to do 3 times a week, but within the day, I can mark them multiple times

Track habits that I want to do 3 times a week, but within the day, I can mark them multiple times.

For example, I want to meditate 3 times a week for 10 minutes at least. However, I want to definitely mediate 3 times a week. If I set it as a habit at the moment, then I could do 30 minutes in one session, and then mark the habit 3 times, and am done for the week. But that is not what I want to do. I want to have a minimum goal of 10 minutes (to make it…

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After you’ve reached your goal for the week you can continue logging by swiping right from the Done section on Today, or from the Reports tab. We’re also adding a new feature that will make it easier to do this soon.

10. Set tracker for once every 3 months, or once a year

I have clean out my closet once every year, and change my air filters every 3 months. I was going to add the tasks to stride and couldn’t find a way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! You can set a Yearly goal with the Average tracker type.

We don’t include quarterly or yearly options for the Habit tracker since it’s built for things that happen a lot more often, monthly at least. Some things like this are better to keep track with a to-do list app, though we’re considering add that functionality to Strides too.

Kyle

11. Apple Watch Strides does not update with my iPhone and Vice versa

This is definitely a bug in the applications I have the 5 series Apple Watch and when I check off a stride it doesn’t update on the watch at all, it’s like nothing happens. If I check off a stride on my iPhone it does not update my Apple Watch strides to show it’s already complete.

• Both devices are up to date
    • I’ve uninstalled/Reinstalled the app
    • App is updated to the latest version
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry about that. We aren’t seeing any widespread issues with the Apple Watch app, so I’m not sure yet what’s causing that for you. I’m happy to help, let’s move this conversation out of the feature request forum to email.

Did it just start doing this, or is this the first time you’re trying to use the Apple Watch app?

12. Tracker types: Make it easier to choose

Would love to have the option to edit the tracker type on an already created tracker OR to see an example of how the results would populate when you create a new item to track so you can decide how you really want to see the results without having to create multiple items with different tracker types just to see what it would look like.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Progress reporting accuracy

Currently, all goals are factored into the progress reporting, including Strides established but set to begin in the future. The report(s) would be much more accurate if only current Strides are factored in. I’ve set goals for 2021 already and these future start goals negatively skew my reports.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Trackers with a future Start Date are not considered in any of the reports. You can see them on the Reports view (Progress tab) because that’s the only place they’re displayed for editing, etc. but they don’t count toward your Average Progress until their Start Date.

I just double checked this and wasn’t able to find any other reports that considered future trackers either, but if I missed one please let me know through the Feedback view in the app.

Kyle

14. App starts where I left off

The app should start where I last left off when I exited the app last.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add cloud refresh without iPhone

Could you please make so that app connect via Wi-Fi and update your tasks if iPhone is not near you? This is similar as app Things 3 has

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Habit Folders

A folder to store habits. For example, I take multiple supplements and would like to be able to group a bunch of separate habits into the one folder. This would clear up the habit screen and also let me have a reminder for the "Supplements folder" whilst in the folder I could check off each one as I take it.

This would also allow the creation of routines that send one notification (for the folder) instead of getting 5 notifications etc at the same time for each different tracker that I want to accomplish in my routine.

This also accomplishes…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Duplicated Trackers Bug

I saw this has been posted before but I am still having the issue.

Randomly, some of my trackers duplicated. Identical copies with the same history and logs etc. I deleted one of them because I don't need two of them. This deleted both and I was forced to re-remember and remake my trackers having lost all of the history of my old ones.

It happened a few days ago and I just remade everything but it has happened again just now and I am left with trackers being doubled up which I can't delete because then both copies will…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry about that.

We released an update that should fix/prevent this. Do you see it in the App Store, or is it already installed? Here’s the link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/strides-goals-habits-tracker/id672401817

If you already have the update, it sounds like might be a caching issue, in which case we could fix it like this:

1. Open Safari, enter or copy/paste strides://debug/menu in the address bar and hit enter, then open in Strides.
    2. Tap “Recalculate All Daily Goal States”
    3. Tap Done once the cell no longer looks tapped, which may take a few seconds.

If that doesn’t solve it, I’m happy to help get it working properly for you.

Have a great day!
    Kyle

19. Remove Notifications After Logging Or on Consecutive Day

Hey Kyle,

Thanks for responding to my last idea about removing notifications from the lock screen after they've been logged.

Firstly, I'd like to request the automatic removal of habit notifications from prior days. I.e any reminders from yesterday are automatically cleared at midnight.

Secondly, I've done some testing and figured out the issue I'm having. When you set a reminder for a singular habit and then log the habit through the app the reminder will disapear. However, if you have two or more reminders in your notifications and you log one of them off the notification won't disapear. The…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow me to Mark’s task as done even though it’s not due that day

Say I have a goal of completing a task 4/7 days a week. Once I finish 4 days but there are still days left in the week, it won’t let me mark it on the 5th day. Allow us to Mark it even though it isn’t due for tracking/historical purposes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Braxton,

Thanks for reaching out!

I originally designed it to keep showing weekly/monthly habits after their goal was met, but I was surprised to get over 100 complaint emails the week it went live from people wanting them to stop showing up once the goal is met, since they could still log from the Dashboard. So, I added that to see how much feedback I got from the other perspective, the side that you and I are on.

Since then, I’ve only gotten a handful of emails requesting this, but I’m working on a new Skip option that would make it so you could see them every day, but skip them if you don’t need to do them – because the goal is met, for example – without affecting your perfect day.

In the meantime, you can always swipe right on the Reports view to log for any tracker.…

• Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base