How can we improve Strides?

Progress Reports

The tracking of habits is quite good but instead of the dashboard we should have an option to switch to analytics view that would display all habits in calendar mode or in a graph so we can get a general idea of how we are doing with all our habits without having to click on each one individually. Tracking is useless without the ability to easily get the picture of where we stand and what we need to improve and that’s not as smooth as it should be right now in my opinion. Also would be very helpful for those of us who are more visually inclined and those who want to do a review of all their habits once a day or once a week without having to spend a lot of time on the app. (There’s also something that’s really pleasing to the eyes by just watching numbers, a graph would be much better) PLEASE UPVOTE SO THE DEVELOPERS CAN SEE THIS (if you agree of course).

1,305 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminKyle Richey (CEO / Founder, Strides) responded  · 

Status update: We’re wrapping up a few improvements to the app that lay a solid foundation for the Progress Reports feature.

The only step left after v7.7.1 for iOS is to add support for reports to the API, so while we do that we’ll rebuild the Apple Watch app, then focus 100% on the big v8.0 release of Progress Reports!

Thanks for your patience. It’ll be worth the wait. :)

77 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would recommend you to refer the analytic view of "spending" app( this is the name of the app). This app has a very awesome analytic view.

Would buy straight for Tis analytic feature. As This would really matter, as we want to see how overall we performed and hit goal for each month, each year. So we can see clearly the comparison, whether there is improvement or decline in performance for each categories.

The app does currently have this feature, but it’s difficult to get to. This should really be the first thing we see when we open the app. The whole point of the app is to track our progress with a certain goal.

Goals where you’re succeeding, where you need more work. More conversational dashboard which gives you a. Summary of how you’re doing.

I think this would be super helpful to identify areas that you aren't hitting your target 100% of the time. Also to see where you have improved over time in areas that you've struggled in previously - it really is great to see your improvements.

Yeah it would be awesome to see trend lines of all the goals that you have in aggregate because I find myself having to go through each goal individually to see what progress I’ve made, but I look at all of them every week so it would be awesome to have them at a glance.

Please add more statistics e.g days which you most often succeed or fail in reaching your goal, maybe a highlighter for key words in notes overall or on specific days etc. and simply a notification just cheering you on as the day goes on. Thanks! Wonderful app!

This is a great app with a lot of different trackers, all in one app.

But it should do something with that data. Provide a trending reports of what habits are getting done and where I am falling behind on a weekly or monthly basis (ideally).

Would love to see daily, weekly, monthly, yearly (by calendar year) and all-time aggregate percentages along with history to see progress.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I'm reading this right. I'd like to see results by the Tag. Like if I have a few different tasks I'm tracking within one tag id like to see how that tag is doing as a whole.

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Specifically, I read this as the need for "grouping" items more than just tags. I see this as planned - is it the idea of grouping that's planned or something else?

I would also add the ability to upload and send those summarised results for all tasks in a tag instead of only each on its own.

It also would be great to quickly know how you're doing with the overall goal. Right now I see the individual results for each item in the health category, for example, but I'd like a running total to see how I'm doing overall. And the ability to easily split out those results for different time periods (which was addressed in a different suggestion that I've voted in favour of).

I would love to see a calendar view of all my goals and see where their achievements (or lapses) overlap.

This could lead to some valuable insights to optimize my performance

One way might be to enable consideration of trends by tags. I would like to see the trends in all my goals under health at once etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base