Vote on Features

How can we improve Strides?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Improve web app performance

Switching between different days takes 10-15 seconds for the app to reload, marking goal as done takes some seconds too, it's really hard to use the app efficiently when it's that slow.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry that the Web app is slow for you right now! It is for my data-heavy account too, and we’re working hard to fix that with some intense caching optimization.

Our CTO is handling that, but he and his wife just had a baby so he’s on paternity leave. When he’s back, we’ll get back to it and it’ll be faster as soon as we’ve tested the improvements.

Thanks for your patience. Have a great day!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

2. Images for motivation/visual tracking

I would love to be able to attach images to a goal somehow. For example, keeping a log of self images to track weight loss progress and stay motivated, a picture of something you’re saving money for, a picture of a family member who drives a personal goal, etc. Visualizing goals and reasons for them would make tracking so much more motivating to me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Streak Chain On Calendar

Connecting the dots on a calendar to form a chain is very satisfying. A streak should be represented by a horizontal line running through the days the user has kept the streak. When the user breaks the streak the chain will break. This visual feature will motivate users to avoid ending their streak.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to show goal note in tracker list

Would love to have short tracker names with longer goal descriptions (goal notes) visible in the tracker list view. Otherwise I end up trying to stuff the motivating reasons for my goals in the tracker names themselves which gets long and clunky.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add category headings to the Tracker page

Be able to group like habits together and create a heading for each category. I know you’re able to add Tags to things, but they don’t show up on the Tracker page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Increase target without failing historical weeks

Now I am achieving my target of twice per week, I want to increase this to 3 times per week without the past weeks all changing as they failed to achieve the new target, even though I did achieve the target of 2 times per week as it was at the time of logging it.

329 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Evolve

Have a small tab where users can create a vision of what their best self is. Installing a sense of purpose in my opinion for why these habits are being made in the first place. Gearing it more toward a head space of the “ideal self” the user wants to “evolve” into by doing the habits rather than only the view of the actions being done. Possible self set or “choose from list” of integrated positive affirmations could also help the user see that their constantly evolving as a person; creating a headspace of motivation to keep making ‘Strides’ even…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Turn off a task temporarily

When circumstances do not allow me to perform task I would like to have it turned off temporarily. For example I am out of home and task is about cleaning up home.
    Thanks to that I would not be troubled by reminders and it would not count to task statistics.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In calendar view, "grey out" days where the task is NOT scheduled

I would be helpful, in the calendar view, to see days that are not planned. Perhaps you can put a grey circle (similar to the green and red circles) over days where the habit is not needed... for example I have a habit that doesn't apply on Tuesdays and Thursdays... if would be helpful to see grey circles over all Tuesdays and Thursdays in the month.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Compatibility with Toggl app

It would be cool if stuff you were tracking in toggl could automatically communicate with Strides to, for example, input the number of minutes you spent working on a project if you had a goal around spending a certain amount of time doing something.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Setting for what time day starts

I would like to choose when my day starts, instead of the default 'at midnight'.
    I'm a bit of a night owl, so I stay up late and tend to sleep in. This constantly makes it seem like I'm behind on my goals, even when I'm not.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Collaboration

I would like to be able to set a group goal. And then the ability to sign people up for my goal (limited to invited guests) so that we all are working towards the same goal and can communicate and send encouragement and pictures etc. But the goal tracking is still at an individual level. Great for corporate, family or school goals.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Projected & Actual Trend Line

For goals that have a start date & start value and an end date & end value, show a dotted projected line and an actual line.

For instance, if my current weight is 160, and my goal weight is 140, show a dotted line showing my expected weight any any time to meet my goal, and my progress to date with a solid line to highlight variances.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to add “Weight/Points” to a task.

Different tasks have different importance and different impact on our personal improvement.

Example:
    Meditation is very important for me & brushing my teeth twice is important but not as much.

So I assign 6 points to meditation and 2 points to brushing teeth at night, 4 points to drinking 2 litre water, and so on.

All these daily points combined can show how much percent of the day/week/month I achieved in a very personal way.

Lets say I just meditated today, didn’t drink 2l water nor did I brush so I still achieved 50% of my goal today (6/12 points),…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Achievements & Rewards

The achievements would be similar to how tasks are created now but with multiple goals and badges. For example, when setting up the goals, the user could specify the amount to reach goal and the badge name and icon awarded when reached.

Another related idea is to have predefined goals and badges. Example of a 60 day project:
    1 day & Started Badge
    5 days & Baby Steps Badge
    15 & Walking Tall Badge
    30 & Running Badge
    60 days & Unstoppable Badge

I'm using this approach currently for learning guitar and its working out well but I have to…

583 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  60 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More languages options

English it's a universal language for sure, but being able to use the app in our native languages (Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian, French, etc.) would be more compelling and stimulating for people who have English as a second language. Most of Strides cheaper competitors already have this function.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Absolutely, we’re definitely planning to fully-localize the entire app in all the top languages. In the meantime, you can create tracker names in any language, so it’s only the field labels that are in English. We’ll translate those as soon as possible!

17. Teams

I'd like to be able to use multiple log ins across multiple devices so that a team could view and track progress on a goal.
    (Ex: A sales team of 20 needs to reach a weekly sales Goal, I'd like to for all of them to able to update and view the tracker and the log show which member updated, and when)

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Randomly Generated Alerts

Setting for alerts to randomly notify you within a specific time window (just so it doesn't tell you to drink water at 3am!) - that way you can't get used to/ignore regularly scheduled alerts since you won't know what's coming!

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reminder every X days "since" last log

Lets say i want a reminder to walk every 3 days.
    If i set reminder now and select every 3 day. It will automatically reminde me every 3 day from now no matter when i did log it. I want if i walked on monday and logged it in monday, i want the next reminder to be after 3 days "since" i have logged it, which would be on thursday. Thanks.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sound alert customization

Ability to set unique sound alerts to specific tasks. For instance, the sound alert used for ‘review sales analytics’ does not create the same feel/motivation as ‘play soccer with kids’. Also, sound alert selection should be expanded.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base