Skip to content

Vote on Features

466 results found

1. Emojis for Tags

Let user choose optional Emoji for Tags. For every habit, show Tag emojis in a small field

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! You can include emojis in Tag names, which will show in the Filters menu.

You can also include emojis in Tracker Names, which will show up on the Daily Goals & Dashboard views.

I thought about including tags on those table views, but it would greatly increase the height of each cell and clutter it quite a bit, especially for trackers with multiple tags.

Have a great day!
    Kyle

2. Have quarterly, semi annual, annual, biennial etc goals.

There are lots of things I’d like to track which have longer terms than a month. e.g. annual eye test, quarterly financial review, biennial colon screening. I think someone else was looking for a fortnightly option. I agree.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can track yearly and rolling goals with the Average tracker.

As for things like an annual eye test or quarterly financial review, those are better suited to a task manager because actions taken that infrequently are not habits.

3. Tap instead of slide for goals we don’t meet

Instead of “sliding no” for the days we didn’t meet our goal, we should have a circle like on the left side of the item. It could be red or have a “no” sign to be identified.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Logging No isn’t common enough to justify another circle/button that always shows on the view. It’s also not supposed to be an obvious visible choice because we don’t want to encourage the bad behavior. :)

4. Startup option

In settings we should have the ability to set some options what happens when we open the app. 1. List view. or 2. Tags list. I’m only using tag view, yet it always goes to list view. Perhaps the tags list should not be a dropdown list, but rather a list of buttons (so we don’t need to click on the dropdown).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Units

As a user, it would be helpful if I could track my goals in the units I would prefer. For instance, if could track the drink water goal in ounces of water drank instead of number of times per day.

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use the Average tracker type to track in any unit you want. e.g. Ounces of water, rather than times per day with the Habit tracker.

While Strides doesn't display units throughout the UI, this is done intentionally to reduce clutter and simplify the interface since you can still include the unit in the tracker name.

6. Optional Goals

A way to track optional goals, or activities that you value but don’t have deadlines or set frequencies. That would let you track how often you’re doing the sorts of things that help you thrive, but where doing any one of them is just as good as any other. For example, I might have ten activities that reliably keep me in a positive mood, and I want a habit of doing one or two from that category every day, but it doesn’t matter which ones I pick, and it doesn’t matter how often a particular one gets picked. It just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. View First Tracker Option

I would like to see just the next tracker to complete and not the entire list below it. It’s helpful just to see one thing at a time to not get overwhelmed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rolling average graph of current rolling average?

The rolling average tracker type is very good for certain habits that you don't care that you hit every single time and need an unbroken streak, but more as an indication of how well you're doing in the past 30 days, i.e. rolling average. However, I'd find it very very useful to also be able to see how the rolling average is developing for time. That is, a line chart with each point being that day's rolling average, instead of a bar chart with each logged value?

Moving averages charts could also be a combined line chart showing a bar…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change reminder time without changing the set reminder time

I have a reminder at 6am for me to go gym, but sometimes my work schedule or family life will alter that so I go gym in the evening. It would be great if you could delay the reminder on the day without having to change the set reminder time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We thought through this and decided to stick with the Snooze feature currently built-in to the reminders, combined with leaving them in the Notification Center (you can snooze 15min, at any time).

In the Settings app, you can also change the Banner Style to Persistent so the notification sticks around until you interact with it.

10. Integration with Rescue Time

Will be great to track automatically a lot of habits related wit the productivity (X hours working, less time on facebook, focus time...)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multiple Customized reminders

I love the reminders section and have 9 reminders for my 1 goal but I’d like to be able too customize each reminder instead of all 9 saying the same thing.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! That’s quite complex in terms of the user experience, but if we get another request for it I’ll re-open this idea.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!

12. Enable notes on unclogged days

I want to be able to log a note on days when I do not log a habit (e.g., rest day). There are some habits that don’t have to be done on certain days, and I don’t want to log an X, bc I like to use the X only for days that I missed that I should have done. But I want to be able to write notes about my rest day. Right now, you have to log a check or X to enable the log for that day. Can you enable the log every day, even if there…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! This isn’t possible with our current data model because log notes are one piece of data attached to the log itself. It’d be a big change to enable this, though we do have a notes feature in Summit, our daily planner app, that could be used for this.

If enough people request something similar, we’ll consider adding a separate notes feature in Strides as well.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

13. Evolve

Have a small tab where users can create a vision of what their best self is. Installing a sense of purpose in my opinion for why these habits are being made in the first place. Gearing it more toward a head space of the “ideal self” the user wants to “evolve” into by doing the habits rather than only the view of the actions being done. Possible self set or “choose from list” of integrated positive affirmations could also help the user see that their constantly evolving as a person; creating a headspace of motivation to keep making ‘Strides’ even…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Link Strides App to Summit App

When I make a goal on strides, I’d love for it to also appear on summit so that I don’t have to put it in twice. The two apps are made by the same company, aren’t they? I wish I could have an account that both apps synced to.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This became far too complicated, so we’ve decided to keep the two apps separate. It sounds great in theory, but in practice it’s honestly more difficult to link them up and manage as much as possible in one bloated list than it is to just open the other app that’s focused on its own purpose.

15. Option to show goal note in tracker list

Would love to have short tracker names with longer goal descriptions (goal notes) visible in the tracker list view. Otherwise I end up trying to stuff the motivating reasons for my goals in the tracker names themselves which gets long and clunky.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom icons: usability

Custom icons and color for each habit. It will be more easy organice and identify an habit. Improve usability

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve decided to focus on green = good, red = bad for color throughout the app, and the checkbox circles on the left are better for usability than icons and hidden gestures (forcing the user to swipe the cell). That said, you can add emojis to the beginning of your Tracker Names to visually differentiate between them more quickly.

17. Start the week/month on the date you start tracking

For example I have a habit that I’d like to do 5x per week (like exercise). If I start tracking this habit on Friday, I can’t possibly achieve the target for the first week. Meaning week 1 is a fail even though in reality if I were to exercise Friday, Saturday and the Monday, Tuesday, Thursday of the following calendar week I would have actually met the target because my week should span from Friday to Thursday based on when I started. It’s a disincentive to start any new habit other than the day you’ve set as the start day…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! We’ve thought through this a few times in the past, and decided against it for a few reasons:

1. It complicates the logic. Everything with a weekly time period could have up to 7 different start days for reporting, so nothing would match up as expected. Monthly Habits would have up to 31 different time frames, which is extremely complex, and would be very confusing for the upcoming Progress Reports feature, which will have aggregate reporting across all trackers by Week, Month & Year.

2. Weekly and Monthly Habits are very rare compared to Daily Habits, so this doesn’t come up very often.

3. When it does, there are a workaround options. You can either set the Start Date for the next Monday/1st of the month, or you can set it to start at the beginning of the current week/month, and backlog if you did it…

18. Overall % Completed Score

Rather than showing the circle at the top and coloring in the portion complete, give me the option to show a % score at the top so I can see how many of my habits I’ve checked off this day versus past days. It’s a motivating factor. You have % accomplished under the specific habit but I’m talking more about a roll-up on the whole day.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Biweekly habits

Hi! Love the tool. Would love it if you can set biweekly habits. I can’t use the weekly or the monthly habit check-ins and don’t really know how to handle it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Glad to hear it, thanks! Unfortunately, this is too rare and complex to justify adding, but it should be doable by dividing the goal by two for a weekly habit, or doubling it with a monthly goal.

20. Mass Complete

In a similar way to the email client “Spark,” I would like to mass log my habits at once.

For example, if I completed everything for the day. I want to drag something at the bottom, or
    tap something that will log all habits as “Complete.”

I would also love to be able to do this by Tags. (Ie. I’ll open a tag, (for example writing), and mark all as done).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?