Vote on Features

How can we improve Strides?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Break big goal into small steps

Create a new tracker type with the ability to add checklists/milestones and break them into smaller steps.

592 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It’s great to see this one getting so much interest! We’ve designed a new tracker type specifically for breaking big goals down into small steps, and we’ll release it as soon as we’re able. Thanks for your patience. Have a great day!

2. Apple Health integration (HealthKit)

It would be really helpful if this linked with HealthKit. If I have a goal for exercise. Or take my vitamins. Or medicines. Etc. and I already log this in another app to be able to track in health, it would be really cool to not have to log it on this one. And get a reminder if it isn’t completed. I know it seems strange, but often I log something in another app because I like to see what I’m doing for my body. It would just eliminate an extra step or two while also tracking my habits (or…

495 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integration with IFTTT

IFTTT integration would allow us so many connectivity options!
    From simple stuff like, "Add an entry to a Google spreadsheet every time i successfully complete this habit" to more aesthetic things like, "If all my goals were met today, make the Phillips Hue lights do a rainbow color gradient."

243 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Progress Reports

The tracking of habits is quite good but instead of the dashboard we should have an option to switch to analytics view that would display all habits in calendar mode or in a graph so we can get a general idea of how we are doing with all our habits without having to click on each one individually. Tracking is useless without the ability to easily get the picture of where we stand and what we need to improve and that’s not as smooth as it should be right now in my opinion. Also would be very helpful for those…

1,552 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    97 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Status update: We’ve been making some big backend changes that will make it a lot easier for us to release new features, including Progress Reports.

We’re also collecting feedback to help prioritize requests, and diving in to the specifics with designs and user testing.

After the big iOS 13 update, with dark mode, a Mac app and iCloud Sync, we’ll be able to take care of a couple formula improvements that are necessary for reports, then we’ll be able to build and launch this. Thanks for your patience. Have a great day!

6. Morning, Afternoon & Evening Routines

The Fabulous App shows a day’s task in three groups, morning, day, and night. It makes it far easier to view the first few tasks on my radar. Stride’s current grid view presents all of my tasks all at once, which is far less meaningful if I saw just the ones that matter in the moment.

What is contextually important? Show me those things, and diminish the others.

178 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show a weekly view

It would be nice to see a weekly view which would show the list of the habits scheduled on each day so I know if I can add more habits on that day or if I added too many habits in one day.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Consider When to Log for Streak/Success

I have a habit that is “bike to work” which is set to log MTWThF. I bike ThF one week and MT the next week, and it counts it as 4/6 days instead of 4/4. If it’s only set to log on certain days, only those days should count towards a streak.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dark Mode

A few of my other apps have dark/night mode so that I can use them in the very early morning/late at night with out creating too much light.

I think that’d be helpful here, especially since I track some of my goals at 5 am and 10pm and can sometimes have trouble with the extra bright screen.

Thanks!

278 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add fortnightly option

It would be beneficial to have a fortnightly option, alongside daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, particularly when tracking spending.

As mine, and I’m sure others, get paid on a fortnightly basis, it would allow for a more accurate representation and tracking of this data.

I’m finding that major expenses being paid every second week are greater than my weekly goal (averaged based on fortnightly expenses) and throws out my streaks, however my average is still within the required amount.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Prompt a set of questions when setting a goal or habit.

Instead of just using the notes section, it would be great to have a preset group of questions such as:

Why is this goal / habit important to you?

How will you know you have achieved it?

How will you reward yourself?

What obstacles are in your way?

How will you overcome them?

Having a commitment contract would also be great, letting you state what you will do if you break a habit or don’t reach a goal, with the ability to email that to someone for accountability would be great.

Finally, option to add a photo for visualisation would…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add category headings to the Tracker page

Be able to group like habits together and create a heading for each category. I know you’re able to add Tags to things, but they don’t show up on the Tracker page.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support Siri shortcuts for all habit types

Currently only Yes/No habits support Siri shortcuts. I'm assuming because this is the only type that doesn't require additional input from user to mark the habit completed.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Color Coding Days

It will be nice to have an option that allows us to color code days.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Strides API/JSON data access

From Craig: "I’m interested in bringing my habits from the export into a timeline of my day that eventually gets imported into Day One and is organized by time.

The missing link in Quantified Self / life logging is correlating events with other events, connecting data from disparate sources, etc. That’s why a Strides JSON dump would be helpful. Just give users the data the app already contains and and and let us figure out what to do with it."

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Images for motivation/visual tracking

I would love to be able to attach images to a goal somehow. For example, keeping a log of self images to track weight loss progress and stay motivated, a picture of something you’re saving money for, a picture of a family member who drives a personal goal, etc. Visualizing goals and reasons for them would make tracking so much more motivating to me.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Calendar to link habits to for daily productivity

Being able to associate a habit or goal with a time of day and day of week/month depending on the frequency of this habit/goal would make this the ultimate habit app!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add “section view” in the dashboard

What if there was a “section view” in the dashboard so that not all the habits/goals are not mixed up together? For example, in the dashboard, the first section would be “work” and it would have all the habits for work and then immediately after the section “personal” continues and so forth. That way it would be easy to organize the habits and get an idea which area needs what. This can work with a touch of a button on the top right for example, because it’s still important to see everything together.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keep Averages in Today View until Goal is met

When an average goal is logged once, it disappears from the today view. This is fine for logs done once per day, but average goals done multiple times per day should stay in the today view until the average is met. Can there be an option to choose whether to close it out for the day, or have it stay in today view until the average is met? Having this as an option would really help the today view be more accurate for those of us that use average goals multiple times per day. (I’ve tried using habits, but if…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base