How can we improve Strides?

Strides API/JSON data access

From Craig: "I’m interested in bringing my habits from the export into a timeline of my day that eventually gets imported into Day One and is organized by time.

The missing link in Quantified Self / life logging is correlating events with other events, connecting data from disparate sources, etc. That’s why a Strides JSON dump would be helpful. Just give users the data the app already contains and and and let us figure out what to do with it."

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminKyle Richey (CEO / Founder, Strides) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having API integration would be awesome, in both ways. To obtain data and to input data.. this could lead to other programs to integrate with Strides... Auth is a problem but just a simple JWT token mechanism would do it... or have a private key for individuals

• Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Kyle—thanks for adding this. Just so my request is clear, we don't need a fully public API to allow for a JSON export. Check out how the app HabitList does their export as a reference. Even an option in export for JSON vs CSV would be super useful. Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base