Vote on Features

How can we improve Strides?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Integration with IFTTT

IFTTT integration would allow us so many connectivity options!
    From simple stuff like, "Add an entry to a Google spreadsheet every time i successfully complete this habit" to more aesthetic things like, "If all my goals were met today, make the Phillips Hue lights do a rainbow color gradient."

219 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show a weekly view

It would be nice to see a weekly view which would show the list of the habits scheduled on each day so I know if I can add more habits on that day or if I added too many habits in one day.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Prompt a set of questions when setting a goal or habit.

Instead of just using the notes section, it would be great to have a preset group of questions such as:

Why is this goal / habit important to you?

How will you know you have achieved it?

How will you reward yourself?

What obstacles are in your way?

How will you overcome them?

Having a commitment contract would also be great, letting you state what you will do if you break a habit or don’t reach a goal, with the ability to email that to someone for accountability would be great.

Finally, option to add a photo for visualisation would…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Log time in hr/min

I have a few tasks where I need to track time. For example playing the piano. I I have a goal of 2 hours a week, and at the moment all I can do it count by minutes then do math to figure out 120 means 2 hours. This get more unweildy when I have a goal of 15-20 for something. It would be nice to be able to set a goal as a unit of Time, then add as units of time.

530 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  54 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Keep Averages in Today View until Goal is met

When an average goal is logged once, it disappears from the today view. This is fine for logs done once per day, but average goals done multiple times per day should stay in the today view until the average is met. Can there be an option to choose whether to close it out for the day, or have it stay in today view until the average is met? Having this as an option would really help the today view be more accurate for those of us that use average goals multiple times per day. (I’ve tried using habits, but if…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search Option

Can you possibility add a search option. I have lots of trackers (and the tags help), but a search bar would be awesome.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Strides API/JSON data access

From Craig: "I’m interested in bringing my habits from the export into a timeline of my day that eventually gets imported into Day One and is organized by time.

The missing link in Quantified Self / life logging is correlating events with other events, connecting data from disparate sources, etc. That’s why a Strides JSON dump would be helpful. Just give users the data the app already contains and and and let us figure out what to do with it."

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add setting to open straight to Dashboard

For those who routinely use the dashboard to enter and review information, it would be useful to be to open straight to that page rather than the Today page.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Units

As a user, it would be helpful if I could track my goals in the units I would prefer. For instance, if could track the drink water goal in ounces of water drank instead of number of times per day.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Rolling average graph of current rolling average?

The rolling average tracker type is very good for certain habits that you don't care that you hit every single time and need an unbroken streak, but more as an indication of how well you're doing in the past 30 days, i.e. rolling average. However, I'd find it very very useful to also be able to see how the rolling average is developing for time. That is, a line chart with each point being that day's rolling average, instead of a bar chart with each logged value?

Moving averages charts could also be a combined line chart showing a bar…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More sophisticated log notes

I have a habit for coming up with one story idea every week, I want to put it in the log note field to get a good overview in a year. The log field now looks semi-unfinished, can we please have it open in a new window, mb have ability to add live weblinks, etc.?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Images for motivation/visual tracking

I would love to be able to attach images to a goal somehow. For example, keeping a log of self images to track weight loss progress and stay motivated, a picture of something you’re saving money for, a picture of a family member who drives a personal goal, etc. Visualizing goals and reasons for them would make tracking so much more motivating to me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Streak Chain On Calendar

Connecting the dots on a calendar to form a chain is very satisfying. A streak should be represented by a horizontal line running through the days the user has kept the streak. When the user breaks the streak the chain will break. This visual feature will motivate users to avoid ending their streak.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to show goal note in tracker list

Would love to have short tracker names with longer goal descriptions (goal notes) visible in the tracker list view. Otherwise I end up trying to stuff the motivating reasons for my goals in the tracker names themselves which gets long and clunky.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add category headings to the Tracker page

Be able to group like habits together and create a heading for each category. I know you’re able to add Tags to things, but they don’t show up on the Tracker page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase target without failing historical weeks

Now I am achieving my target of twice per week, I want to increase this to 3 times per week without the past weeks all changing as they failed to achieve the new target, even though I did achieve the target of 2 times per week as it was at the time of logging it.

329 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Evolve

Have a small tab where users can create a vision of what their best self is. Installing a sense of purpose in my opinion for why these habits are being made in the first place. Gearing it more toward a head space of the “ideal self” the user wants to “evolve” into by doing the habits rather than only the view of the actions being done. Possible self set or “choose from list” of integrated positive affirmations could also help the user see that their constantly evolving as a person; creating a headspace of motivation to keep making ‘Strides’ even…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Turn off a task temporarily

When circumstances do not allow me to perform task I would like to have it turned off temporarily. For example I am out of home and task is about cleaning up home.
    Thanks to that I would not be troubled by reminders and it would not count to task statistics.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In calendar view, "grey out" days where the task is NOT scheduled

I would be helpful, in the calendar view, to see days that are not planned. Perhaps you can put a grey circle (similar to the green and red circles) over days where the habit is not needed... for example I have a habit that doesn't apply on Tuesdays and Thursdays... if would be helpful to see grey circles over all Tuesdays and Thursdays in the month.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base