Skip to content

Vote on Features

625 results found

1. Day-of-month Goals

If there is a way to set a goal which is due on a particular day of the month, I have not found it.

Examples of regular-by-day-of-month tasks where building up a streak is motivating:

• Rinse vacuum filter on the 15th
    • Re-install dry vacuum filter on the 17th
    • Review new credit card statements on the 6th, 8th, and 27th

Thank you for your time and attention.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out! You can set a habit to repeat on a specific day of the month on its Due view:

1. Tap the Frequency field and change it from Weekdays to Intervals.

2. Select Every 1 Month to have it repeat from the Start Date. e.g. Rinse vacuum filter could start on the 15th and repeat every 1 month on the 15th.

This is the first time I've gotten the request to repeat on multiple days of the month so I'll look into that, thanks! In the meantime, you could create one for each card if it's important enough to you to check each one on its statement's release date.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!

Kyle

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bradley,

Thanks for reaching out! Yes, here's how I'd set up a 30 day running challenge:

1. Tap the big blue (+) button in the tab bar to add a new tracker.

2. Select Create Tracker to create your own.

3. Choose the Habit tracker type.

4. Enable the Set Goal Streak feature to shoot for 30 days in a row and it will automatically keep track of your streak and keep you motivated throughout the 30 day challenge.

Or, if you use a running app or an Apple Watch to sync your runs to Apple Health you could use the Apple Health feature to create a Work Out goal and choose Running for the Workout Type. That'd be more focused on the distance or time you run, but you could set goals for those if you'd like. It's very flexible.

Best of luck with all your goals &…

3. Option to reset all trackers in one go

It’s a new year and I want to reset all trackers in one go to give them a fresh start. I should be able to do it in one go!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Pawan,

Happy New Year! It'd be risky to add a button that deletes everything at once, but fortunately there's another quick way to do this if you want a fresh start this year:

1. Disable Sync & Backup in Strides.

2. Open the Settings app, tap your name, then iCloud, Manage Account Storage, and delete the Strides data stored in iCloud.

3. Now, delete and reinstall Strides.

Everything will be fresh now, and you can enable Sync & Backup so the new goals you add will be safely backed up and synced between devices.

Kyle

4. Archive section

Hi! I’ve en using strides plus for a long time, I love it and helps me a lot. As a suggestion, it would be cool to add an archive section, to keep all the goals achieved but you don’t want to keep in the dashboard, and you can visit them or be notified for the past milestones made. Hope you can add it!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrea,

Glad you're enjoying Strides! If you scroll all the way to the bottom of a tracker's Settings view you can tap Archive, then view all the archived trackers from the Filters menu on the Reports tab.

Kyle

5. 11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Water consumption using HEALTH KIT

Hi, congratulations on your great work
    I have seen a lot of HealthKit integrations but please… ADD THE WATER CONSUMPTION
    It will be very helpful.
    I have a problem with my kidneys and I have to drink at least 2 LITROS of water every day and I use a bottle (Hidrate Spark) that send the data to my phone and APPLE HEALTH.
    Can you please add this feature? 🙏
    Thanks again for your great work

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Goal Daily Rating Scale

I’d like to input a daily star rating or some other scale. Let’s say my goal is to decrease my exhaustion levels. I’d set habits like go to bed at ten and workout etc. I’d track those habits easily in this app but I want to track the goal level too. Each day I’d like to input on a scale how tired I am. When my habits have helped my tiredness metric would show success. This would help me validate my habits are truly helping me toward my goal. This scale idea would also be used for mood tracking (say…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Beth,

Great idea! Though there isn't a star rating option specifically, I'm marking this complete because you could accomplish the same thing with an Average tracker.

Example: Set Average tracker with Goal of 4, and log a number from 1-5 every day.

That would track your average over time with a bar chart, show trends over the last 7 days, 4 weeks, etc. and even track success rate and streaks for how often you meet your goal.

You could also assign a tag to this goal that overlaps with the related habits so you can run reports with all of those trackers in one place.

Hope that helps!

Kyle

8. Streak Tracker

I was hoping to have a future version of the app show your longest streak you have sustained somewhere in the settings for that habit. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Each habit shows its Best Streak on the right side of its Charts tab. There's also a Ranking Report (premium) that shows all habits sorted by their current streak. Best of luck with all your goals & habits!

9. Add Year Under Time Period Please

Under Goal, there is the “Time Period.” Current options are “Day, Week, Month.” There are some goals I’d like to track year over year. Changing a daily or weekly tracker to monthly allows me to see how many times I’ve actually accomplished it in a month. Being able to change it to year would show year over year. The current reports section would meet this need but it doesn’t. One of my trackers is to do a thing 1 once per week. It can be done on Sun, Mon, or Tues. I have reminders for each of those days. The…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dont move Average: Repeating number to done

It would be nice with an option in the average repeating number tracker to chose when to move to done when using the less than x function.

For example when tracking average number of coffee cups per day, and you want less than 3, it moves to done as soon as you log 1. You can of course keep logging but it requires some more clicks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add “Optional” to Due, Completed, Skipped, and Missed

If a goal is due 3 times a week and I enable the option to make it show up even when the goal has been achieved 3 times, it would be nice if it didn’t appear in due once the 3 times have been logged since technically it’s no longer strictly due; it’s just an extra mile/bonus if I log it 4, 5, or more times. I’m not sure what the right label would be. Maybe “Optional” or “Optionally Due”. This way the due section is strictly for goals that must still be achieved.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Disabling the Due After Goal Met option will prevent it from showing in the Due section after the Goal is achieved. You can always log after that from the Reports tab.

12. Explain why not Windows

People want Windows compatibility and are voting for it; you’re denying it without an explanation - please explain the the business rationale for not giving us what want. Windows is far and away a MUCH bigger OS segment than is the Mac OS (I’m talking pcs not phones). If you’re not going to satisfy our market demand, at least satisfy our understanding as to why not!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Greg,

Thanks for reaching out. I totally understand your point but the suggestions for a Windows app have only ever gotten a handful of votes, compared to 464 for the Mac app and 1,000+ each for the most popular feature requests.

I've explained it in detail when people have asked about the Web app and I'm happy to do it again here:

The Mac app was much easier to build because it shares code with the iOS app using Apple's Catalyst framework, meaning we don't need to manage multiple codebases and platforms. It's all under one roof, which is critical for a small team.

In 2014, I recruited a team of developers and spent four years building a Web app to expand beyond iOS. It sounded like a great idea, but unfortunately it failed. Barely anyone used it on Windows, and they didn't upgrade as often as people do…

13. Logical bugs in due dates

CURRENT BEHAVIOR
    - I know i want to do abs 2 times a week, but i don't know exactly when so i choose an habit as due date every day (from Monday to Sunday). I do abs on Tuesday and Thursday and i swipe YES for that days. At the end of the week i go to the weekly trends report and i see i have done abs 2 times over 7 so completed around 30%...lovely accurate...

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR
    The tool knows that i selected 2 times a week, and due date 7 days. On Thursday i finish my weekly…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More views based on tags

I want to quickly view habits in particular tags. An idea would be to have tabs on the daily goals page that correspond to tags (e.g. Health, Work, Hobbies, etc.)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can tap the filters icon in the top right of the daily goals view to filter by a specific tag. It's one more tap than if we showed all tags at once, but that would dramatically increase the clutter on the view just to save a fraction of a second when filtering, which is not common on that view since it's already filtered by due date too.

16. Limiting habit behavior

I have a habit for limiting my meals to three a day. It feels weird to mark it as a bad habit, because I don't want to stop eating. I would like to log the habit like I would a good habit and don't need the option to "complete" it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I totally understand what you mean. I'm considering an option to have no goal based on another request, but in the meantime you could log the number of meals you had for the day with the Average tracker type, setting the Goal to 3 or Less per Day. That'll be less steps and won't make you feel bad when you log a regular meal.

17. Continue logging bad habits

For statistical reasons it would be good if one can continue logging a bad habit even when the limit is reached. For Example:
    - Bad Habit: Smoking
    - Limit: 10
    - when yes is swiped 10 times it stops but should continue

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Fabrizio,

You can continue logging a bad habit after the limit is exceeded by tapping the red check icon, then Add New Log.

That said, it won't affect the stats because once the limit is exceeded the streak is broken and the success rate considers the day missed. You will still have the record in the habit's bar chart though. Hope that helps.

Kyle

18. Some uncompleted tasks carry over to next day

It would be useful to have the ability to turn on a setting for certain trackers that would automatically carry them over to the next day if they aren't completed

For example if one of my tasks is to buy groceries every Sunday and for whatever reason I'm not able to make it on Sunday, the task would carry over to Monday so I would be reminded to it on that day

This would only be useful for certain tasks. tasks like brush teeth and shower wouldn't need this feature which is why it should be a setting you can…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Here's how to do this:

1. Set the goal per week.

2. Tap Due and select any days of the week you might do the habit. e.g. Sunday and Monday.

3. If you don't do it on Sunday, swipe left and Skip so it doesn't count against your perfect day.

4. It will keep showing up on the Due weekdays until you've done it for the week.

Bonus: You can also enable the Due After Goal Met option to continue seeing a habit that you might want to be encouraged to do even more than the goal.

19. Ability to view future tasks

It would be nice to be able to view the tasks I need to complete on days in the future.

For example if I needed to do yoga tomorrow morning I would know to get out my yoga mat the night before.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Weekly Accountability Log

I like to have a weekly note added to my habits with a timestamp, where I write any reasons why i could not achieve a desired habit and what will I do next week to do the same. Sometimes we do fall of for genuine reasons and sometimes its purely out of laziness. This is one feature i really miss when I moved from Habitify to Strides.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Pawan,

Thanks for reaching out! You can add notes with timestamps. Rather than the notes being added to the habit in general, the notes are connected to a log to give them more context.

For example, if you couldn't do the habit on a particular day like you mentioned then you could log no or skip it, then swipe left on it to add a note.

The note will show up on the History and Notes tabs above the tracker's charts to make it easy to see them alongside what you logged at that time.

Hope that helps!

Kyle

• Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base