Skip to content

Vote on Features

624 results found

1. Sound complete

I would like very much being able to choose a wonderful and satisfying sound when completing a task. 🎵♥️😊😁

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Morten,

Thanks for reaching out! You can get a sound when you log your progress by enabling the Completion Sound feature in Strides Settings. I haven't gotten any requests to add more sounds, but if you'd jus like more options let me know.

Have a great day!

Kyle

2. Specific Due Time or Custom Routines

Some/many habits would be better served to have a specific due time instead of a general time of day. This is especially true for bad habits. Like if I want to stop cussing for instance, then I don’t need a due time in the evening at 5pm because it’s tied to “evening”. I need the due time to be the end of the day, like 10pm when I’m in bed and have made it through the entire day, etc.

Maybe another way this could be solved though is allowing for custom Routine times. If I could make my own “End…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! You can adjust start times of the morning, afternoon & evening routines in the Manage Routines view, but the better solution in this case would be to set a Reminder at the specific time(s) you want the tracker to be due. You can also Sort by Due Time on the Today tab, which uses those reminder and routine times to put them in order. Hope that helps. Have a great day!

3. Allow for a DRAFT/BRAINSTORM Project before assigning dates

It would be great to be able to flesh out/brainstorm projects without committing to dates and then when you're ready to execute to assign dates accordingly.... so move from a Brainstorm Bin to an Execute Bin.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! This is doable with the current setup because the milestones' date ranges default to the same as the project's date range, which defaults to today to 30 days from now. So, when you create a new project you can just keep all the default dates while brainstorming, then change their dates whenever you're ready.

4. Export Task notes as PDF or make all text selectable and copy pasteable

I have a task called "Reading" where each time I enter a log, I make write a note with the log describing what I read about.
    I have a lot of these notes for the "Reading" task.
    I would love to be able to copy and paste all of these notes elsewhere please.
    :)
    God bless you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Compare Weeks or Months in Average Chart

I am motivated by doing better this week than last, or this month than last. If I click on reports, then a specific habit (pushups). At top I can see last seven days or last 30 days. but I really want to be able to see it by weeks or months. Can you add that?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reaching out! You can tap "Average 7 days" to change the trend comparison to 4 weeks, 3 months, 6 months or 12 months.

If there's more to your idea feel free to reply by email and I'll see if we can add more options.

Thanks!

Kyle

6. Mac: Keyboard shortcuts for tag filters, sidebar and log

For MacOS-- Add shortcuts so it is easier to navigate app. Like I want to go to a label with a shortcut instead of using my mouse(click top right and then find the filter that I need).

Instead if they can at least be mapped to alt1, alt2, alt3(from the top label to last label)... something simple is enough. That is because I can then use BetterTouchTool to remap it to what is best for me

Also other keyboard shorts-- like to minimize the sidebar, instead of pressing the button, press "cmd /" like for other popular mac apps. Things…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released an update with more keyboard shortcuts for the Mac app!

I haven't come up with a way to go up and down to choose a tracker to log with cmd L yet, but I'll keep trying.

Hope you enjoy the other shortcuts we talked about!

Kyle

7. Allow Goal Completion for Future Dates

I have goals I want to complete by certain days of the week, but sometimes I can work on them early. However, I can’t log them until that day of the week actually comes. I think we should be allowed to complete or log progress on goals for future dates, instead of having to wait for that day to actually come.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Josh,

Thanks for reaching out! I totally understand. While it's not possible to add a log in the future, you can accomplish the same thing (doing something earlier in the week than you thought you'd be able to) by either:

1. Swiping right to log the tracker any time you want on the Reports tab.

2. Tapping the tracker, then History, then Add Log.

This way, if you have a habit you'd like to do 1 time per week that's due on Thursdays, for example, on Tuesday you could go to Reports and swipe right to take care of it for the week, which will keep it from being due on Thursday since the goal is already met.

For even more flexibility, you could enable the Due After Goal Met feature on its Due view to have it show up on its due dates for the rest of the…

8. Why limit what habits can be based off apple health

Why are you limiting what habits can be based off HealthKit? The lack of blood glucose monitoring means I won’t use your app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gary,

Thanks for reaching out! Strides is totally flexible, you can track your blood glucose level with an Average tracker.

The Apple Health options are just templates, but you can track anything you want. The Average tracker could track your average per day, or even per log so you could see how it averages out every time you monitor it.

Hope that helps!

Kyle

9. Log Habits The Next Day

Greetings,

I just purchased the lifetime membership and have two ongoing trackers as a start. Both the trackers contain 3-4 associated habits that I am working on simultaneously but I am only ticking the tracker off as done if I succeed in all of them.

I’m suggesting the feature to be able to log today’s progress tomorrow. As in, I don’t want to prematurely log something if the day isn’t over as yet. The only guaranteed way of knowing whether I succeed today or not is tomorrow, not today. So please consider this. Thanks in advance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your support! 😀  If you didn't log something for the day by the time you went to bed, you can always log it the next day from the Today tab.

Tap yesterday's date at the top and you'll see the unlogged habits in Due so you can log them for yesterday. Best of luck with all your goals & habits!

10. Tooth brushing from the Apple Health App

Tooth brushing from the Apple Health App

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Habit improve Time Period

I saw the other posts regarding adding a time period for something different than: 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year and the argument against it is that you can use the average tracker

But that is simply not true. An habit is something you want to repeat regularly with a certain interval, whatever the interval is. After you want the tool to propose again the habit when it's time to do it.

Right now there is no way of specifying habits which should happen, for example, 1 time every n months.

Examples of habits like this?

• deep clean…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Roberto,

I totally agree! You'll love a new update coming out soon. More on that in a sec...

You can already set a habit to be due every X months by changing the Due Frequency setting from Weekdays to Intervals and choosing any number and time period (e.g. Every 2 weeks or Every 3 months).

The Due setting controls when it will show up as due on the Today view (and remind you to do it at the times you choose) but the Goal can still be anything you want.

For example, you could set a goal to deep clean your fridge every 2 months and set the Goal to 6 times per year. With the Due setting's Frequency set to Intervals, Every 2 Months it will repeat from the Start Date so you won't have to keep skipping each week/month.

Even better, in the update I mentioned you'll…

12. Widget automatic update

Make the widget able to update itself without having to enter the app first. At the moment for example it seems that, when the evening starts, I only see my evening habits in the widget after entering the app. It would be nice to see them directly in the widget when the evening starts without having to open the app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Younes,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry for the trouble with widgets. They're already coded to update automatically but since the system (iOS) has to handle the widget refreshing sometimes it won't update them in real-time.

The best way to increase the odds of them updating more often are to enable Background App Refresh for Strides in the Settings app.

Since there's nothing else we can do to make them update more often on our end I'm marking this complete for now, but please don't hesitate to email me if you're consistently seeing certain widgets not update until you open the app even with Background App Refresh enabled. It's possible that's a new bug we haven't seen before so we could look into that through email.

Thanks for your patience. Have a great day!

Kyle

13. Bug with trends display for average trackers with "or less" goals

Right now, the trends page displays progress incorrectly for average trackers with an "Or Less" goal (e.g. 10 or less per day). For habits and average trackers with an "Or More" goal, it shows the number of days where the goal was achieved. For "Or Less" trackers, it shows the number of days that were recorded, whether or not the goal was achieved.

For example, let's say that I have an average tracker set to 60 or more per day called "Push-ups", an average tracker set to 60 or less per day called "TV minutes", and a habit tracker…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Don’t calculate empty entries

Some things I long every day, like number of minutes to get ready and out the door. I don’t track that on days I don’t go to work, but those non recorded days are still included as 0s in the average calculation, so all of my averages are inaccurate. If I record a 0 for the day (like cups of water drunk), then yes please include that in the average calculation. But if there is no entry for a day, do not include it in the average. The averaging feature has not been helpful for me at all because of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks for reaching out! No problem, Strides has a feature that's perfect for this. On days you don't want then app to count a tracker just swipe left on it and tap the Skip button.

For trackers that never need to be done on certain days of the week (e.g. Saturday and Sunday) you can do that without skipping by changing the tracker's Due setting from every day to something like MTWThF only.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!

Kyle

15. Add Additional Recurrence Options

I find that being able to set recurring activities at either 2 week and/or twice monthly intervals. Would it be possible to add those options and maybe some other variations?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for reaching out! You can set a tracker to be due every X days, weeks, months or years on the Due view by tapping the Frequency field and choosing Intervals.

Kyle

16. Customizing Apple Health Goals

Customizing Apple Health Goals a bit further would be extremely helpful! For example I want to exercise 200 minutes a week and want that imported from Apple Health, but I would like to exclude walking minutes (or any other) from cpunting towards that goal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Additional Apple Health sensors

Add additional Apple Health sensors - particularly Body Measurements (BMI, Waist Circumference, Body fat, etc), and Activity (Cardio Fitness esp.)

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't associate weekly habits with days

Hi all! I'm not sure why weekly habits are tied to particular days. I think they should be associated with the whole week.
    Expected behavior: weekly habit shows up on logging page for every day that week. Complete/uncomplete state persists for whole week and resets next week.
    Actual behavior: Selecting "Due" on all days shows incomplete if I don't do the task daily. Setting "Due" to end-of-week means I have to scroll over to that day to complete the task and I don't see it until that day.
    Example habit: go to gym once per week.
    If there's another way…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ken,

Thanks for reaching out! The reason you can set due days for weekly habits is because not all habits would need to - or could - be done at the beginning of the week.

For example, some people might want to do a certain habit once per week, but with their schedule they can never do it on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday. They might get to it Wednesday some weeks, but if not they need it to hold them accountable on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Once they've done it for the week it stops showing up until the next time they could do it. That's even more important for monthly habits, and the upcoming yearly habits.

Keeping it due every day until it's done isn't always useful so this makes it much more flexible.

All that said, having it due and not being able to do it doesn't…

19. Unarchive habbit

Can anyone please let me know - how can I unarchive the habit?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Day-of-month Goals

If there is a way to set a goal which is due on a particular day of the month, I have not found it.

Examples of regular-by-day-of-month tasks where building up a streak is motivating:

• Rinse vacuum filter on the 15th
    • Re-install dry vacuum filter on the 17th
    • Review new credit card statements on the 6th, 8th, and 27th

Thank you for your time and attention.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out! You can set a habit to repeat on a specific day of the month on its Due view:

1. Tap the Frequency field and change it from Weekdays to Intervals.

2. Select Every 1 Month to have it repeat from the Start Date. e.g. Rinse vacuum filter could start on the 15th and repeat every 1 month on the 15th.

This is the first time I've gotten the request to repeat on multiple days of the month so I'll look into that, thanks! In the meantime, you could create one for each card if it's important enough to you to check each one on its statement's release date.

Kyle

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base