Vote on Features

1. Apple Watch app

Improvements: Same Today view as the iOS app and complications to quickly see how many trackers there are left to log from the Watch's home screen, and to open the app with a tap.

238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Consider When to Log for Streak/Success

I have a habit that is “bike to work” which is set to log MTWThF. I bike ThF one week and MT the next week, and it counts it as 4/6 days instead of 4/4. If it’s only set to log on certain days, only those days should count towards a streak.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dark Mode

A few of my other apps have dark/night mode so that I can use them in the very early morning/late at night with out creating too much light.

I think that’d be helpful here, especially since I track some of my goals at 5 am and 10pm and can sometimes have trouble with the extra bright screen.

Thanks!

289 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support Siri shortcuts for all habit types

Currently only Yes/No habits support Siri shortcuts. I'm assuming because this is the only type that doesn't require additional input from user to mark the habit completed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase time period, 6 months, years etc

Currently the time period for a habit is limited to one month. This makes sense for small habits. But let’s remember larger yearly habits such as Budget check up, financial ups, doctor check ups, teeth cleaning and so on. Think bigger be better.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jeremy,

I just replied to your email before I saw this, but wanted to mention here that the Average tracker is perfect for numerical goals like budget and finances, and can still be used to log things like doctor checkups that are less frequent.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle

6. Set default reminder time when creating new trackers

I set all my reminders to the same time (11:30pm). It's a real pain to manually set this every time I create a new tracker. So perhaps in settings we can set a default reminder time when new trackers are created.

Note: This is related to the (unfortunately declined) "duplicate a tracker" feature request. If I could easily duplicate a tracker and modify it I wouldn't feel the need for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the confusion, I think I declined the Duplicate Tracker suggestion a long time ago, but we built that feature. :)

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bring back! Capturing notes easily

Before the changes, it was easy to just click on the 'notes' icon next to the habit to write the details around my habits (habit = 1 new meal, notes = burrito or pesto pasta). Now, that 'note icon' has been replaced with how many times I've done my habit (e.g. 5/7) I have to click way more to be able to reach the notes section for my habit. I have 10 habits that require specific notes. So please bring back the 'notes' icon right next to the habit! Please. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Don’t worry, it’s still just one action to add a note: Swipe left.

We did this because adding notes is very rare, even with the button taking up all the space on the right side, so we decided to make that space more useful with helpful data.

9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Glad you enjoy the log notes feature! It’s still just one gesture to add a note: Swipe left.

We did this to add more valuable data to the right side, as opposed to a light gray note icon that isn’t used as often.

Hope swiping left works well for you too!
    Kyle

10. Completely stopped working. Cannot tick off tasks anymore. Do something fast please.

Completely stopped working cannot tick off tasks anymore please do something fast.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. multiple entries

is there a way I can enter data throughout the day; e.g., 8AM I drink 8 oz of water....10AM I drink 6....noon I drink 12, etc.? I'd like to see the ability to enter repeatedly then at the end of the day see how much actual water I drank. This would also be good for any cumulative-type goal with no "limit"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Brian,

The best way to do this would be to set up an Average tracker, with Show on Dashboard set to “Today’s total”.

That way, you can log throughout the day, and it will not only add up the total in the bar chart, but also show the total in the Dashboard progress bar. :)

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

12. Make related goals, or categories of a single goal, e.g. 1 hour of study vs 1 hour of report writing

E.g. aim to do 5 hours of uni work per day, some days I may spend the whole 5 hours writing a report, others I will do revision

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Group my strides

If I have a goal which implies a repetition of daily tasks or habits, it would be cool to set up those strides specifically for that goal. E.g. goal: lose 10 pounds. Strides: off to be before 11, 7-10 cups of green veggies, no snacks, etc. Or: learn Spanish to be able to chat with native speakers. Strides: Duolingo daily, tutor twice a week, audiobooks 3x a week... etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Focus on progress

Focus on progress, not days missed. Change so the default shows days completed (e.g. 15/30, 15 days completed over the last 30 days) below each habit. If I have a good habit that I have done 20 days out of 30, to me that’s great. I don’t want to focus on that I have missed 10 days. Even if I go in to settings and change it to day streak, it still shows days missed (e.g. missed 3 days) instead of completed 17/25 for instance). PLEASE change this. This is positive psychology 101...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Strides always focuses on success and progress made, except in one case that should be rare (and is strongly discouraged): Negative streaks.

If you haven’t done something for 3 days in a row, you should know that. We didn’t display this clearly before, and lots of people requested it.

The best part? It’s extremely satisfying watching a negative streak like “Missed 3 days in a row” change to “Great start!” when you’re successful today. :)

15. Remove upgrade prompts for paid users

I have paid for lifetime access, yet still get all the prompts to upgrade.

Please remove this for paid members as it's highly annoying and detracts from the user experience.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. iOS 12: Integrate with Siri Shortcut

The new iOS 12 has been announced and I envision how this app can be part of this!

Now that Apple is pushing forward with simple voice command, how about allowing user to set command to initiate key habits? Or to count Number or set progress Goal? This can be on either iPhone or Apple Watch

For example:
    -Say, “I drank X glass of water” would add X glass of water drank (habit)
    -Say, “I went to the gym” and it would act as “Yes” to your gym tracker (habit)
    -Say , “I finished meditating” would count as +1 to…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Strides now has Siri Shortcuts, so you can set a custom phrase to mark a Habit as done with your voice. :)

We’re hoping Apple will add support for numerical input in iOS 13, which would allow us to add support for logging goal with Siri too.

17. Add a way to make notes within the goals

I’d like to be able to jot notes within a goal, like “1450 total calories today” or “16 full laps in a crawl stroke today - first time”

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Beth,

There are two ways to add a note with the progress you log:

1. Tap the light gray note icon on the right side of the Today tab in the Done section.

2. Tap the same icon on the tracker’s History table view (second tab above its charts).

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

18. All in one

Cfeate a view where all goals can be seen incl eg % traction

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to Rename Tags

This seems to be a very basic and obvious request, but its important.

Currently, if I have to rename a tag, I have to delete it and make a new one and then get into every single habit and assign the new one

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

To rename a tag, tap it in the Tags list on iOS (from any tracker’s edit view).

On Web, go to any tracker’s edit view, click Tags, then Edit in the top right. To edit a tag’s name, click it.

Have a great day!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

20. Longest Streak

The ability to see what your longest streak on an activity was, as well as your current streak.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Grace,

To see your Current Streak and Best Streak for a habit, tap it to view its charts. The streaks are in the middle section, to the left and right of the circle chart.

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base