Vote on Features

1. Remove notifications after logging

If Strides sends me a notification to perform something I'm logging and then afterwards I go into strides and log it off is it possible that you could remove the notification?

This would be incredibly helpful. Currently, the notifications all backup and I see some there from days or weeks ago. This essentially makes them meaningless as I'm used to having them there unless I manually remove them or log them through the notification.

If they would go away after I'd checked past ones off then I would know that if there was a strides notification on my phone that…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out! This is on the iOS side, handled by the Notification Center itself. I’ll double check that we’ve done what we can to clear them on our end, but this is the only report I’ve gotten saying they’re showing up that long after.

In the meantime, you can also adjust how they’re displayed in the Settings app under Notifications, Strides. One option is to uncheck Notification Center so they don’t stick around there at all. You could change the Banner Style to Persistent so each notification stays until you take care of it, but they won’t stay in Notification Center.

Hope that helps!
    Kyle

2. Apple Watch app

Improvements: Same Today view as the iOS app and complications to quickly see how many trackers there are left to log from the Watch's home screen, and to open the app with a tap.

238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Surpass goals: Higher better

Having the option to surpass goals, similar to the current option "lower better". This feature could be particularly useful for goals related to business or fitness. For example, making a larger profit than planned or having more followers or working out for longer than planned.

Thank you in advance for your consideration!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out Dana! You can surpass any goal you set for Target or Average trackers by logging a higher value than the Goal.

For Habit trackers, you can continue logging beyond your Goal too, though they won’t show up on the Today view if they’re weekly or monthly, but you can always log from the full list.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle

4. Is reminder supposed to send a reminder every day no matter what day you have selected to log?

I have a habit that I want to complete and log once a week on thursday. I have tried setting it up as a goal of 1 time per week (set to log on thursday) and as a daily goal that is set to log on thursday. I enabled at reminder for 6pm. But I get a reminder every day at 6pm. I only want the reminder on Thursday. Is this working correctly?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Averages

I would like to chose how I see averages. Right now it’s an average of the total entries. Sometimes I want to just view my average for a specific time period like current week or current month.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to log the time that a task was fulfilled

I use Strides to remind me to take medications every day. However, most of those meds are supposed to be taken at the same time every day. Even though I might take them every day, I may fail to always take them at the same time. So being able to track the time that I completed the task as well would be highly beneficial.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Consider When to Log for Streak/Success

I have a habit that is “bike to work” which is set to log MTWThF. I bike ThF one week and MT the next week, and it counts it as 4/6 days instead of 4/4. If it’s only set to log on certain days, only those days should count towards a streak.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dark Mode

A few of my other apps have dark/night mode so that I can use them in the very early morning/late at night with out creating too much light.

I think that’d be helpful here, especially since I track some of my goals at 5 am and 10pm and can sometimes have trouble with the extra bright screen.

Thanks!

289 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please recognize that I have already paid for the app. Please sync my entries between iPhone and iPad.

When the app is paid for, please unlock syncing and more than 3 habits.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bad Habit tracker

It’s hard to know if this has been discussed in the past, but I’m new to Strides and trying to make it work for me. My question is with The Bad Habit tracker. I understand that Red means I am doing good with not doing my bad habit, but when I in inverting swipe “yes” because I did do it, it tells me “great job” and I get confused. My suggestion is for bad habits, add a different color than green for yes. In all other trackers green means good, but if you select to track a bad habit I.e…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! We decided to keep the swipe gestures swipe right for “good”, swipe left for “bad”. That keeps the swipe right gesture the same action as tapping the circle checkbox (log no, I didn’t do the bad habit), and reverses the colors for the swipe background.

12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can always log any tracker on the Dashboard. We’re also planning to add an “overachiever mode” that shows trackers on today, even after their goal was achieved on a previous day.

13. % of success

I am a volunteer fireman and want to reach 30% of all fire calls. Some days we have one or more but other days may have no calls. I’d like to be able track the total number of fire calls and, as a percentage, the number of calls I was on scene. As of now, I can see now way of accounting for days with no calls as strides seems to only count each day or multiple entries in a day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for what you do! No problem, you could track this as a Rolling Average – as opposed to Per Day – to only count the times you log. Or, you could log 100 for 100% on the days you get zero calls.

14. Description/Note field under “gear” icon for habit, target, etc

Long description of request with specific example, how the feature could be used, and how such a feature does not appear to exist yet. Thanks.

Opportunity for succinct title? Check.

Ability to tag? Check.

Different kinds of goals/habits? Check.

BUT, I have an terrible memory. For a given task or goal, I’ll write a title for a goal or habit in the title, correctly categorize it (average, goal by date, etc) and even tag it appropriately.

But I’ll forget the main purpose of the task. While each entry has a bubble for notes for that entry, I’m wondering if you…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Custom days/months/years

It would be great if you could customise the frequency of habits more, with regards to how many days/months. You can currently specify how many times to complete the habit, but you can’t customise it to be due every certain amount of days/months (X times every X months). It would also be great to be able to set certain goals for specific days (e.g. the 1st of each month). There is also no year option!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out! To set trackers to repeat every X days, weeks, months or years, tap the When to Log field, then change it from Weekdays to the frequency you’d like.

Kyle

16. Support Siri shortcuts for all habit types

Currently only Yes/No habits support Siri shortcuts. I'm assuming because this is the only type that doesn't require additional input from user to mark the habit completed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Increase time period, 6 months, years etc

Currently the time period for a habit is limited to one month. This makes sense for small habits. But let’s remember larger yearly habits such as Budget check up, financial ups, doctor check ups, teeth cleaning and so on. Think bigger be better.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Jeremy,

I just replied to your email before I saw this, but wanted to mention here that the Average tracker is perfect for numerical goals like budget and finances, and can still be used to log things like doctor checkups that are less frequent.

Kyle

18. Set default reminder time when creating new trackers

I set all my reminders to the same time (11:30pm). It's a real pain to manually set this every time I create a new tracker. So perhaps in settings we can set a default reminder time when new trackers are created.

Note: This is related to the (unfortunately declined) "duplicate a tracker" feature request. If I could easily duplicate a tracker and modify it I wouldn't feel the need for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the confusion, I think I declined the Duplicate Tracker suggestion a long time ago, but we built that feature. :)

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bring back! Capturing notes easily

Before the changes, it was easy to just click on the 'notes' icon next to the habit to write the details around my habits (habit = 1 new meal, notes = burrito or pesto pasta). Now, that 'note icon' has been replaced with how many times I've done my habit (e.g. 5/7) I have to click way more to be able to reach the notes section for my habit. I have 10 habits that require specific notes. So please bring back the 'notes' icon right next to the habit! Please. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Don’t worry, it’s still just one action to add a note: Swipe left.

We did this because adding notes is very rare, even with the button taking up all the space on the right side, so we decided to make that space more useful with helpful data.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base