Skip to content

Vote on Features

625 results found

1. More flexible frequency options

Being able to have track a habit that is ever other day, or every 3 days, 3 days on 1 day off, etc...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Average: Move to Done when Goal is reached

I noticed when setting up a habit like "Push-Ups" that if I have a daily goal of say 100, and I log 20 push-ups, then the task is considered as "Done" even though I haven't reached my goal. The same is reflected on the iOS 14 widget. Isn't this a bug? Shouldn't the habit only be considered as Done when I reach my goal of 100?

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Set tracker for once every 3 months, or once a year

I have clean out my closet once every year, and change my air filters every 3 months. I was going to add the tasks to stride and couldn’t find a way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! You can set a Yearly goal with the Average tracker type.

We don’t include quarterly or yearly options for the Habit tracker since it’s built for things that happen a lot more often, monthly at least. Some things like this are better to keep track with a to-do list app, though we’re considering add that functionality to Strides too.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle

4. Apple Watch Strides does not update with my iPhone and Vice versa

This is definitely a bug in the applications I have the 5 series Apple Watch and when I check off a stride it doesn’t update on the watch at all, it’s like nothing happens. If I check off a stride on my iPhone it does not update my Apple Watch strides to show it’s already complete.

• Both devices are up to date
    • I’ve uninstalled/Reinstalled the app
    • App is updated to the latest version
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry about that. We aren’t seeing any widespread issues with the Apple Watch app, so I’m not sure yet what’s causing that for you. I’m happy to help, let’s move this conversation out of the feature request forum to email.

Did it just start doing this, or is this the first time you’re trying to use the Apple Watch app?

5. Progress reporting accuracy

Currently, all goals are factored into the progress reporting, including Strides established but set to begin in the future. The report(s) would be much more accurate if only current Strides are factored in. I’ve set goals for 2021 already and these future start goals negatively skew my reports.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Trackers with a future Start Date are not considered in any of the reports. You can see them on the Reports view (Progress tab) because that’s the only place they’re displayed for editing, etc. but they don’t count toward your Average Progress until their Start Date.

I just double checked this and wasn’t able to find any other reports that considered future trackers either, but if I missed one please let me know through the Feedback view in the app.

Kyle

6. Keep “Done” Habits in Today View

I’d like an option where “done” habits are kept in the Today view even after the goal number is reached. Eg. Right now, if I have a goal to read 2 times a week, that habit disappears from Today view for the rest of the week as soon as I reach the goal. However, I’d like for it to stay so I can easily log subsequent instances. Just because I’ve already met my minimum quota doesn’t mean I want to stop logging or to not see how much I went over and beyond.

Thank you!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released Strides 12.0 with the Due After Goal Met option for Weekly Habits. Tap the Due field on the tracker Settings view to enable the new setting and it will continue to show up on the selected Due dates for the whole week, even after the goal is reached. Enjoy!

7. App starts where I left off

The app should start where I last left off when I exited the app last.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add cloud refresh without iPhone

Could you please make so that app connect via Wi-Fi and update your tasks if iPhone is not near you? This is similar as app Things 3 has

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow me to compare recent trends with long-term averages

This keeps coming up, and you guys keep doing things that aim in the general direction, but I (and I suspect others) still have an unfulfilled use case. I have a tracker where I want to do 20 per day. I can see in the today view that over the 8-9 months I’ve been using Strides, my average is 17.9 per day, so obviously I need to step up my game a bit. What I want to know is: Over the last (week/month/couple months), have I been stepping up my game or not?

Because I’ve accumulated months of data, over-performing…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow me to Mark’s task as done even though it’s not due that day

Say I have a goal of completing a task 4/7 days a week. Once I finish 4 days but there are still days left in the week, it won’t let me mark it on the 5th day. Allow us to Mark it even though it isn’t due for tracking/historical purposes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Braxton,

Thanks for reaching out!

I originally designed it to keep showing weekly/monthly habits after their goal was met, but I was surprised to get over 100 complaint emails the week it went live from people wanting them to stop showing up once the goal is met, since they could still log from the Dashboard. So, I added that to see how much feedback I got from the other perspective, the side that you and I are on.

Since then, I’ve only gotten a handful of emails requesting this, but I’m working on a new Skip option that would make it so you could see them every day, but skip them if you don’t need to do them – because the goal is met, for example – without affecting your perfect day.

In the meantime, you can always swipe right on the Reports view to log for any tracker.…

12. “+ Button” on # Goals.

Currently have to enter a number manually each time you record an item. I’d rather increment using a “+” button each time I record an item. For instance, if your goal is to record how many times you pray each day you must enter a number each time you pray. Wouldn’t it make more since to increment using a “+” of “-“ button on each instance? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! For goals that are focused on the number of times you do something per day, week or month, the Habit tracker type is quickest because it allows incrementing the count with a single tap or swipe right.

To create a custom Habit, tap the (+) button in the tab bar, then “Create my own”, then choose Habit, Good Habit.

If you ever need to delete a log, you can long-tap and press Undo. Or, if it’s in the Done/Missed section, you can just tap the log icon on the left side and confirm to delete the last log.

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

13. Option to have all trackers displayed on the Today tab

Even when I have met my target for a week I still need to log how I perform on the following days. At the moment I have to go into each tracker to do that. Ideally I would be able to display and easily log all active trackers (regardless of whether target met) on a version of the Today tab, as I think used to be the case, please. Otherwise App becomes very time consuming to use.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sarah,

Sorry it’s crashing for you! We’re not seeing any widespread issues, so I’d love to figure out what’s causing that and get it fixed for you.

To help with that, it’d be great if you could send a crash log:

1. Open the Settings app > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data.
    2. Scroll through this list to find Strides events. The list is long but should be alphabetical and I believe Strides events will begin with “Strides”.
    3. Tap one of these events. The latest one would be ideal, which I think would be listed last, but they should also have dates in the name.
    4. Tap the share icon at the top right and use the share sheet to email the file to kyle@stridesapp.com.

Thanks for your patience. Have a great day!
    Kyle

15. Habit Folders

A folder to store habits. For example, I take multiple supplements and would like to be able to group a bunch of separate habits into the one folder. This would clear up the habit screen and also let me have a reminder for the "Supplements folder" whilst in the folder I could check off each one as I take it.

This would also allow the creation of routines that send one notification (for the folder) instead of getting 5 notifications etc at the same time for each different tracker that I want to accomplish in my routine.

This also accomplishes…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Duplicated Trackers Bug

I saw this has been posted before but I am still having the issue.

Randomly, some of my trackers duplicated. Identical copies with the same history and logs etc. I deleted one of them because I don't need two of them. This deleted both and I was forced to re-remember and remake my trackers having lost all of the history of my old ones.

It happened a few days ago and I just remade everything but it has happened again just now and I am left with trackers being doubled up which I can't delete because then both copies will…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry about that.

We released an update that should fix/prevent this. Do you see it in the App Store, or is it already installed? Here’s the link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/strides-goals-habits-tracker/id672401817

If you already have the update, it sounds like might be a caching issue, in which case we could fix it like this:

1. Open Safari, enter or copy/paste strides://debug/menu in the address bar and hit enter, then open in Strides.
    2. Tap “Recalculate All Daily Goal States”
    3. Tap Done once the cell no longer looks tapped, which may take a few seconds.

If that doesn’t solve it, I’m happy to help get it working properly for you.

Have a great day!
    Kyle

17. Improve History view

Make it easier to see log history by removing empty rows for unlogged days, allow choosing/editing time stamps, show notes in-line, improve legibility and make it easier to add/delete logs.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Static graphic reports.

Give the option to have regular reports, in a png. or pdf file, sent to given email addresses.

This should be simple to do and is a short term solution both for the people who want some accountability function and the people who want big-picture graphic reports on a large monitor (as opposed to a 5-inch iPhone).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can send a screenshot of the charts by email, messages, etc. with the share button above the charts.

The screenshot has to be the size of the phone’s screen, so I’m not sure if that’s solve exactly what you’re going for, but the charts were all designed to be compact and easy to see everything on a 4.7" screen without scrolling, so making them larger wouldn’t show anything more, it’d just be stretched out.

If I’m missing something feel free to email me through the Feedback view in the app.

Have a great day!
    Kyle

19. Habit counter increasing by 1 per tap

Habit is set up to Log a running count through the day. At the end of the 24 hour period (or whatever) it takes the total and compares to the target (total actions or rolling average of actions etc). Eg I need to do 10 sales calls per day. A tap of the habit in the app adds 1.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this in one of three ways:

1. Using a Habit tracker, set a goal of 10 times per day, though that will show up on weekends too.

2. Using a Habit tracker, set a goal of 10 calls * 5 workdays = 50 calls per week. When you tap to log it will move to Done for the day since its time period is weekly, but you can still swipe right to add another log any time to hit 10 on Monday, 20 on Tuesday, etc. You could also swipe any time to log it from the Reports view and watch the progress bar fill to keep it on track (past the pace line).

2. Using an Average tracker, with a goal of 10 calls * 5 workdays = 50 calls per week. This way, you can log the number for the day in one log, instead…

20. Due Today Screen

Due today keeps reverting back to Reports. Needs to open in Due Today, reports are for reflection of progress. This used to do this, not sure why it changed. Or perhaps provide a choice on which folder opens on start.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The default tab when opening the app is still Today, though it will keep the tab last opened on relaunch until the app goes out of memory.

If you’re seeing something different it’d be great to see a screen recording or to hear more detail about what you’re seeing.

• Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base