Skip to content

Vote on Features

466 results found

1. Multiple Customized reminders

I love the reminders section and have 9 reminders for my 1 goal but I’d like to be able too customize each reminder instead of all 9 saying the same thing.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! That’s quite complex in terms of the user experience, but if we get another request for it I’ll re-open this idea.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!

2. Different view personalization options

Ability to change theme/colors of entire app as well as individual trackers

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add fortnightly option

It would be beneficial to have a fortnightly option, alongside daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, particularly when tracking spending.

As mine, and I’m sure others, get paid on a fortnightly basis, it would allow for a more accurate representation and tracking of this data.

I’m finding that major expenses being paid every second week are greater than my weekly goal (averaged based on fortnightly expenses) and throws out my streaks, however my average is still within the required amount.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Choose which goals count towards "perfect" days

I thought it might be helpful to select only the goals I really want to focus on to count towards "perfect" days. I do want to be able to keep track of everything, but it could be discouraging if every tracker is weighted the same. It's so easy to become overwhelmed by the amount of things we want to be doing, and it might be easier to focus and stay motivated if we could select which ones we NEED to complete to achieve a "perfect day," and we could always go look at our other trackers to see our progress.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to sort trackers (ie by numbers from high to low & vice versa

Hello,

It would be useful to have a sorting feature where one can sort trackers in ascending or descending order. For example, within a category if one has a list of trackers, all of which track numbers, to able to sort from highest to lowest and vice versa.

Thank you,

Joel

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable notes on unclogged days

I want to be able to log a note on days when I do not log a habit (e.g., rest day). There are some habits that don’t have to be done on certain days, and I don’t want to log an X, bc I like to use the X only for days that I missed that I should have done. But I want to be able to write notes about my rest day. Right now, you have to log a check or X to enable the log for that day. Can you enable the log every day, even if there…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! This isn’t possible with our current data model because log notes are one piece of data attached to the log itself. It’d be a big change to enable this, though we do have a notes feature in Summit, our daily planner app, that could be used for this.

If enough people request something similar, we’ll consider adding a separate notes feature in Strides as well.

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

8. Biweekly habits

Hi! Love the tool. Would love it if you can set biweekly habits. I can’t use the weekly or the monthly habit check-ins and don’t really know how to handle it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Glad to hear it, thanks! Unfortunately, this is too rare and complex to justify adding, but it should be doable by dividing the goal by two for a weekly habit, or doubling it with a monthly goal.

9. 174 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to show goal note in tracker list

Would love to have short tracker names with longer goal descriptions (goal notes) visible in the tracker list view. Otherwise I end up trying to stuff the motivating reasons for my goals in the tracker names themselves which gets long and clunky.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Evolve

Have a small tab where users can create a vision of what their best self is. Installing a sense of purpose in my opinion for why these habits are being made in the first place. Gearing it more toward a head space of the “ideal self” the user wants to “evolve” into by doing the habits rather than only the view of the actions being done. Possible self set or “choose from list” of integrated positive affirmations could also help the user see that their constantly evolving as a person; creating a headspace of motivation to keep making ‘Strides’ even…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Strides API/JSON data access

From Craig: "I’m interested in bringing my habits from the export into a timeline of my day that eventually gets imported into Day One and is organized by time.

The missing link in Quantified Self / life logging is correlating events with other events, connecting data from disparate sources, etc. That’s why a Strides JSON dump would be helpful. Just give users the data the app already contains and and and let us figure out what to do with it."

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Custom icons: usability

Custom icons and color for each habit. It will be more easy organice and identify an habit. Improve usability

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve decided to focus on green = good, red = bad for color throughout the app, and the checkbox circles on the left are better for usability than icons and hidden gestures (forcing the user to swipe the cell). That said, you can add emojis to the beginning of your Tracker Names to visually differentiate between them more quickly.

14. Start the week/month on the date you start tracking

For example I have a habit that I’d like to do 5x per week (like exercise). If I start tracking this habit on Friday, I can’t possibly achieve the target for the first week. Meaning week 1 is a fail even though in reality if I were to exercise Friday, Saturday and the Monday, Tuesday, Thursday of the following calendar week I would have actually met the target because my week should span from Friday to Thursday based on when I started. It’s a disincentive to start any new habit other than the day you’ve set as the start day…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! We’ve thought through this a few times in the past, and decided against it for a few reasons:

1. It complicates the logic. Everything with a weekly time period could have up to 7 different start days for reporting, so nothing would match up as expected. Monthly Habits would have up to 31 different time frames, which is extremely complex, and would be very confusing for the upcoming Progress Reports feature, which will have aggregate reporting across all trackers by Week, Month & Year.

2. Weekly and Monthly Habits are very rare compared to Daily Habits, so this doesn’t come up very often.

3. When it does, there are a workaround options. You can either set the Start Date for the next Monday/1st of the month, or you can set it to start at the beginning of the current week/month, and backlog if you did it…

15. Overall % Completed Score

Rather than showing the circle at the top and coloring in the portion complete, give me the option to show a % score at the top so I can see how many of my habits I’ve checked off this day versus past days. It’s a motivating factor. You have % accomplished under the specific habit but I’m talking more about a roll-up on the whole day.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is this referring to the menu with the blue background? If so, there’s no need to rearrange these things because (a) it’s extremely uncommon to open the menu, and (b) there are very few options (only Trackers and Settings are needed, which are easily accessible at the top and bottom respectively).

17. Icons template option

I want to have an option to choose a template, specifically a “clean” icons-only view where if I simply tab and hold the icon it’s gonna count as done task (see Streaks App for inspiration).

Just the list view is boring and I have lots of habits that just need to be completed once a day (ACV, vitamins, walk, read), so seeing 1/1 is not that aesthetically pleasant.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve thought deeply about adding icons many times, but always come back to the fact that logging with a simple checkbox is the fastest and easiest way to do the most common action in the app.

Also, you can use any emoji in the Tracker Name if you want extra icons to distinguish between them visually.

18. Mass Complete

In a similar way to the email client “Spark,” I would like to mass log my habits at once.

For example, if I completed everything for the day. I want to drag something at the bottom, or
    tap something that will log all habits as “Complete.”

I would also love to be able to do this by Tags. (Ie. I’ll open a tag, (for example writing), and mark all as done).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to include weekly and annual views into the same goal/task

I would like to set an annual goal of 200 workouts and track progress against that, but I would also like to set weekly goals of 4 per week. Then you could switch between views showing if you are on track for the week and how you are doing against the annual goal. Is the only way to do this is to track 2 separate goal? One for weekly and one for annual?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. This would be extremely complex, and you’re right that you could set two different goals for this, which is a much simpler way to manage it.

If this were a very common request we could try to figure it out, but since this is the first time I’m hearing it in seven years, and there’s an easy workaround, we’ve decided not to build the more complex feature.

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

20. Budget Transaction categories

I use the apps Strides and Pennies religiously. Pennies to track money spent in my budgets, and Strides for all other daily metrics.

I would love Strides to have the same abilities to quickly and easily categorize transactions as Pennies, then I could ditch the other app and use Strides for everything.

The budget feature in Strides is already good, but making the ease-of-entry for adding transaction quick with pre-defined (and editable) transaction categories would be a game changer.

It would personally make me use the app more, and I would pay more for this feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?