Skip to content

Vote on Features

467 results found

1. Time

A lot of my goals are time based, it would be great to have this as an option.

For example instead of the waking up early habit, it would be great to have the time you woke up, so that we can use the average set up (you can do this now just using numbers and aiming for average less than desired wake up time, but this is messy as you have to make time into decimal, and the dial starts at zero etc - it would be great to have time specific option!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have a weekly and daily limit on the same thing

I try to drink less alcohol so i use the standard they recommend in belgium. Which is max 4 consuptions in a day, and maximum 10 in a week. So it would be handy if i could have a daily limit and a weekly limit on the same thing...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After thinking this through, we’ve decided it’s too complex to be worth it for such a niche use case. That said, it’d be easy to create two trackers for this to accomplish the same goal.

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Interest % on “Debt Free” tracker

It would be helpful to have the ability to enter your interest rates on a debt goal, so you can see how that factor impacts the true monthly amount needed to reach your end-date goal. Currently, I’m having to calculate interest and enter only what I’ve paid on the principal for each payment. Just logging the total of what I paid that month (principal and interest combined) would be a lot easier. While calculating and logging the principal alone isn’t a very big deal, it would still be really helpful and much more accurate/realistic to factor in interest across the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Color indicator

I cant recognize the today circle in dashboard since it does not have a different recognizable color I would suggest to fill the circles with colors instead of outlining it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, but we tried that and it doesn’t fit our design style because it draws WAY too much attention to that area of the screen, which isn’t necessary because it’s the default selection when the view is loaded.

6. Budget Transaction categories

I use the apps Strides and Pennies religiously. Pennies to track money spent in my budgets, and Strides for all other daily metrics.

I would love Strides to have the same abilities to quickly and easily categorize transactions as Pennies, then I could ditch the other app and use Strides for everything.

The budget feature in Strides is already good, but making the ease-of-entry for adding transaction quick with pre-defined (and editable) transaction categories would be a game changer.

It would personally make me use the app more, and I would pay more for this feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to include weekly and annual views into the same goal/task

I would like to set an annual goal of 200 workouts and track progress against that, but I would also like to set weekly goals of 4 per week. Then you could switch between views showing if you are on track for the week and how you are doing against the annual goal. Is the only way to do this is to track 2 separate goal? One for weekly and one for annual?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. This would be extremely complex, and you’re right that you could set two different goals for this, which is a much simpler way to manage it.

If this were a very common request we could try to figure it out, but since this is the first time I’m hearing it in seven years, and there’s an easy workaround, we’ve decided not to build the more complex feature.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

8. Icons template option

I want to have an option to choose a template, specifically a “clean” icons-only view where if I simply tab and hold the icon it’s gonna count as done task (see Streaks App for inspiration).

Just the list view is boring and I have lots of habits that just need to be completed once a day (ACV, vitamins, walk, read), so seeing 1/1 is not that aesthetically pleasant.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve thought deeply about adding icons many times, but always come back to the fact that logging with a simple checkbox is the fastest and easiest way to do the most common action in the app.

Also, you can use any emoji in the Tracker Name if you want extra icons to distinguish between them visually.

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is this referring to the menu with the blue background? If so, there’s no need to rearrange these things because (a) it’s extremely uncommon to open the menu, and (b) there are very few options (only Trackers and Settings are needed, which are easily accessible at the top and bottom respectively).

10. Start the week/month on the date you start tracking

For example I have a habit that I’d like to do 5x per week (like exercise). If I start tracking this habit on Friday, I can’t possibly achieve the target for the first week. Meaning week 1 is a fail even though in reality if I were to exercise Friday, Saturday and the Monday, Tuesday, Thursday of the following calendar week I would have actually met the target because my week should span from Friday to Thursday based on when I started. It’s a disincentive to start any new habit other than the day you’ve set as the start day…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! We’ve thought through this a few times in the past, and decided against it for a few reasons:

1. It complicates the logic. Everything with a weekly time period could have up to 7 different start days for reporting, so nothing would match up as expected. Monthly Habits would have up to 31 different time frames, which is extremely complex, and would be very confusing for the upcoming Progress Reports feature, which will have aggregate reporting across all trackers by Week, Month & Year.

2. Weekly and Monthly Habits are very rare compared to Daily Habits, so this doesn’t come up very often.

3. When it does, there are a workaround options. You can either set the Start Date for the next Monday/1st of the month, or you can set it to start at the beginning of the current week/month, and backlog if you did it…

11. Enable notes on unclogged days

I want to be able to log a note on days when I do not log a habit (e.g., rest day). There are some habits that don’t have to be done on certain days, and I don’t want to log an X, bc I like to use the X only for days that I missed that I should have done. But I want to be able to write notes about my rest day. Right now, you have to log a check or X to enable the log for that day. Can you enable the log every day, even if there…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! This isn’t possible with our current data model because log notes are one piece of data attached to the log itself. It’d be a big change to enable this, though we do have a notes feature in Summit, our daily planner app, that could be used for this.

If enough people request something similar, we’ll consider adding a separate notes feature in Strides as well.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

12. Change reminder time without changing the set reminder time

I have a reminder at 6am for me to go gym, but sometimes my work schedule or family life will alter that so I go gym in the evening. It would be great if you could delay the reminder on the day without having to change the set reminder time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We thought through this and decided to stick with the Snooze feature currently built-in to the reminders, combined with leaving them in the Notification Center (you can snooze 15min, at any time).

In the Settings app, you can also change the Banner Style to Persistent so the notification sticks around until you interact with it.

13. View First Tracker Option

I would like to see just the next tracker to complete and not the entire list below it. It’s helpful just to see one thing at a time to not get overwhelmed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Optional Goals

A way to track optional goals, or activities that you value but don’t have deadlines or set frequencies. That would let you track how often you’re doing the sorts of things that help you thrive, but where doing any one of them is just as good as any other. For example, I might have ten activities that reliably keep me in a positive mood, and I want a habit of doing one or two from that category every day, but it doesn’t matter which ones I pick, and it doesn’t matter how often a particular one gets picked. It just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Startup option

In settings we should have the ability to set some options what happens when we open the app. 1. List view. or 2. Tags list. I’m only using tag view, yet it always goes to list view. Perhaps the tags list should not be a dropdown list, but rather a list of buttons (so we don’t need to click on the dropdown).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Emojis for Tags

Let user choose optional Emoji for Tags. For every habit, show Tag emojis in a small field

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! You can include emojis in Tag names, which will show in the Filters menu.

You can also include emojis in Tracker Names, which will show up on the Daily Goals & Dashboard views.

I thought about including tags on those table views, but it would greatly increase the height of each cell and clutter it quite a bit, especially for trackers with multiple tags.

Have a great day!
    Kyle

17. Can you have multiple criteria to satisfy a goal

To help eliminate or restrict a bad habit. For example, following the Canadian guidelines for low-risk alcohol consumption, to have a daily maximum of three drinks, a daily weekly maximum of 15 drinks, and at least one non-drinking day per week, all in the same tracker.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! That’s a really interesting guideline. I see the appeal to logging a drink once and having it apply to each of these restrictions, but I don’t think it’s common enough to justify all the complexity it would take to build, and to set up for the user.

That said, you could either use multiple trackers, or focus on the one that would help you the most.

Have a great day!
    Kyle

18. Yellow circle for partially met goals

For goals that are 2+ times a day, there should be a yellow color on the calendar so if one day you met the goal only a fraction of the times, it is reflected.
    For example, if the goal is to drink 8 cups of water a day and you only drank 5, the circle on the calendar for that day should be yellow instead of red or green to indicate you partially met the goal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Calendar and Reminders To App

It would be nice if you could add a full featured calendar and reminders to your Strides app. This would save a user time from having to use 3 separate apps to keep track of appointments, to-do’s, reminders, goals and habits. It could eliminate redundancy and improve accuracy when entering or changing appointments, to-do lists, reminders, goals and habits.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Label right side of graph

Can you add the labels to the right side of the graph? My graph has 3 years of data plotted, and it’s a little cumbersome to eyeball the new plots that are on the right side of the graph to the labels on the left side of the chart. So I’m asking there to be both left side and right side labels.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?