Skip to content

Vote on Features

466 results found

1. Default reminder to “off” when creating new trackers

When creating new Trackers it would be helpful if the app preferences provided a way to set the default state of the “Reminder” setting to “off”
    Currently, I have to manually disable it for each new Tracker that I create.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Time Tracking

I’ve seen this ideas been proposed but declined I only wondered why and maybe it could be reconsidered.

It would be great if a actual time could be recorded, I would like to track the time my day starts. For me I feel that many of my habits fail or succeed based on the time that I get my day started.

Ability to track time would show me any correlation between success and failure and the time I get going.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! The reason this was declined is because tracking the time of day is very complex for charting, and doesn’t fit the data model for the tracker types.

As for the experience, if the time on the clock matters, and being late doesn’t count, then it’d be best to use a Habit tracker and log Yes if you do it on time, rather than tracking the time itself (since the History table already shows the exact time logged).

Hope that helps!
    Kyle

3. Create Web Interface

Not everyone is on the phone everytime. So a web based interface would be really helpful, especially for project tracking

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Log of all activities done on a time line

See when you did which progress.

And I support the idea of different colors for each tag.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show time for today’s planned things

Where all that’s planned for today, show what time each thing is planned for, instead of having to click it to see beforehand, so we don’t have to 100% depend on the reminder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to mark daily goal as not applicable on a certain day

Say I have a goal of going for a 15 minute walk outside every day, but on a specific day it rains. I’d like to be able to mark that day as "not applicable" instead of completing the goal, which would not paint a correct picture, or leaving it uncompleted and ruining my streak.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

From the FAQ:

Is there a way to “Skip” a log?

No, and this is very intentional, based on lots of research. Why? In short, because it hurts way more than it helps. We’ve tested it out, and hundreds of studies have confirmed our findings: Relying on willpower in the moment is a terrible strategy for building lasting habits. Once our brain makes the connection that “skipping” something has no negative effect (e.g. You go on vacation and skip a work out, but it doesn’t reset your Streak or affect your Success Rate), it becomes far too easy to skew your stats and the entire system breaks down.

So what do you do if you are on vacation or sick? The best option is to attempt to do the habit, even if it’s not to the same level you usually do, and log Yes since the act of keeping…

8. Tag

User should have the option if tags should be listed as a dropdown (the way it is now), or it should be pinned in the form of buttons on top of the dashboard (for easier access) so we don’t need to click and select the dropdown every single time we want to mark an item.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Pinning the tags would create a lot of clutter in the interface, especially with lots of tags. If I get another request for this I’ll reopen and merge them.

9. Note Templates

As a paying customer i make strides everyday using your app. To keep consistent is so important and having some sort of template feature in notes section would really enhance my ability to stay consistent and keep paying for strides.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. View Tasks Scheduled start times

Next to each task, it would be great to view the start times so the user has a full view of when each task should start. I find having a start time for all my tasks pushes me to get each task done on time knowing that I have another task with a start time. This also creates discipline throughout the days so everyday I do the marked tasks on time. For ex: 5am Workout (goal 1 hr), 6:20am Important Email follow-ups, 7am Research Articles & Drafting, 9am Team check-in, etc..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display how much remaining rather than how much completed

I would find it more motivating to see how much I have left to do to reach my (number) goal than how much I have done. Can this be inverted?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Icon lines to thin and poor color contrast

Icon lines to thin and poor color contrast On create habit screens. I can barely tell which one I selected why must the lines be so thin and the colors so light?

And why is “step number 2” so small?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry you feel that way. You’re the first person to mention this, but design is subjective so it’s totally reasonable for some people to dislike a specific design tyle.

That said, Strides follows all of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines, and the text is above the minimum requirements for legibility.

As for “step number 2” I think you mean the subtext in the top nav of the tracker setup process, which says “Step 2 of 3”. It’s smaller than the rest of the text because it’s of very low importance, relative to “Add Tracker” above it, or even the other text on the view. Font size is all about visual weight of importance.

The contrast is low in some cases – like light gray separators for examples – for a very similar reason. There’s no need to have thick, dark separators between table cells when there are large, bold, high-contrast tracker…

14. Dropbox sync

Hi, am a new user to Strides. Would love to see a Dropbox sync too. At least for data.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. App Icon Badge on bad habit goals

A separate option for "App Icon Badge" to allow for not including bad habits. I.E. "Due Today minus bad habits" Alternatively, only include bad habits in the App Icon Badge after the log reminder time for that bad habit.

Currently, if you have a bad habit that you are logging daily it will cause the app icon badge to be displayed until the habit is logged. For bad habits, it would be nice if it was off until the log reminder time since bad habits are usually something you are trying not to do. So the icon badge is just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Include a setting to use the top circle to indicate unanswered habits

The circle at the top currently indicates how close to successful you were in achieving all of your habits. I would find it more valuable to me to know which days I did not answer all of my habit questions. Right now I have to tap through the prior days of the week to see if I missed something.

My habit tracking isn’t a zero-sum game. If I don’t complete all habits in a day, it’s fine. I do want to know I at least accounted for everything each day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option in settings to show 10k or above as 10,000 and above

Give option in settings to show number values instead of 10k, 20k, 30k, etc., have an option to show 10,000, 20,000, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto save new goals

When customizing a new goal there is no auto-save which is more normal app expectation. And how to save is not marked clearly. I can add a new goal and customize from template but nothing saves until I click a check Mark at the top which is not intuitive. It should auto save or give a “do you want to save” before deleting all the customizing and having to start over.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! The standard UX on iOS is to have a save button in the top right, with no auto-save, partly because it’s very complex and difficult to do well 100% of the time, but also because – unlike working on a Word doc for hours – setting up a tracker takes a minute or less, so it’s not worth all the development time.

19. I'd like my company in New Zealand to partner with Strides.

Please forward this through to Kyle but I'd like my company in NZ called HealthFit Collective to partner with Strides to offer it to our clientele at a discounted rate and with co-branding? We are building our third gym and also operate corporate health and wellbeing programmes and I think this app would be a great value add for our clientele but I'd like this to be consistent with our offering. Please get back to me ASAP thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Set default increase number

I have a goal which I want to do 200 times this year. Now I like the stats given by the number tracking goal but I will only ever do it once a day so when I tick off the goal, I don’t need to enter how many times I’ll done it, I just need it to increase by 1 (like the yes/no tracking)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features