Skip to content

Vote on Features

625 results found

1. Ability to change the date on logged entries

I want to be able to log entries for previous days. This is needed when I skip entering logs for a few days but want to add logs later after the fact.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can backlog in two ways:

1. Tap the past date at the to of the Today tab and log the trackers missed that day.

2. Tap a tracker, then the History tab, and backlog for any day in the table.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

2. Goal to stay within range for last 1 X months

I use this app to track habits over time to ensure I’m staying within my target limits. It would be nice if the app tracked results over the past 6 month (or 12 months) so goals can be an ongoing measure.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible with the Rolling Average option under Average trackers’ Time Period setting.

For example, you could set Rolling Average to use the Last 6 Logs for the average calculation, and it’d automatically track it that way for you.

The only limitation is that it’s based on X logs, not X time periods, because that is a far more complex operation, but in the vast majority of situations it works well because you could log the month’s value once.

For example, people like to track their average monthly budget, only considering the past 6 months. Every month, on the 1st, they enter what they spent last month as one log. The app then computes the average spent over the past 6 months.

Hope that helps!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

3. Backlog of Habits

I want to have a backlog of goals or habits I want to start doing in the future but not now so that I don't forget them and don't overwhelm myself with to many goals and habits at once.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Pete,

To do this, create those habits with future start dates, and they won’t show up on the Today view until those dates. They’ll be on your Dashboard if you need them, but you’ll be able to focus on logging progress for the current habits on the Today tab until you’re ready to tackle the scheduled habits.

Have a great day!
    Kyle

4. Yes or No average

I would love a tracker that allows you to check yes or no and then track the percentage of times you choose each over time. For example, I want to choose healthy snacks 80% of the time. Given that I snack a different number of times each day, I could log each time with a “yes” healthy and get an output of the percent of times I choose yes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! You can do this with an Average tracker by logging 0 or 1, but I’d recommend using a Habit tracker since you’d prefer to log Yes or No.

You could either shoot for at least an 80% success rate on the charts view, or you could set it up so you’re supposed to log 5 times per week, with a Goal of 4 times per week, for example (4/5 = 80%).

Hope that helps. Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

5. Set a goal and quantify by something other than percents

I would like to set a goal to walk my dog a total of 1000 minutes in an unrestricted amount of time.
    Or set a goal to write 50 pages of a book.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jim,

You can track goals like this with a Target tracker. The Goal Date can be anything you like, so you could set it for years away if you aren’t concerned with how long it takes to reach the goal.

Have a great day!
    Kyle

6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Update the online version to mirror the changes on phone app

such as coping goals and rearranging apps

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reminder every X days

I'm really liking Strides so far. It would be great to have the ability to incorporate custom reminders, for example, reminders every 2 days. Right now, I'm accomplishing this with a tracker whose goal is 4 times a week, but that isn't quite what I need. Another one that would be really helpful is a reminder every hour for 8 hours (that would work if you're trying to move every hour during the work day.)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! These are both possible without having to wait for an update. :)

To set something up to get reminders every 2 days, tap the When to Log field on the When to Log view that shows the weekdays selected on the right, then choose Every 2 Days. Side note: This is intentionally a bit hidden right now because it’s not set up to sync between devices, but once it is we’ll make it more clear.

To set up reminders every hour for 8 hours, you can tap Add New on the Reminders view as many times as you like, and choose any times you prefer. If you’ve already logged before the next reminder, it won’t be triggered.

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

9. Issues with changing time zones

Hi everyone,
    I was in the east coast over the summer, but now I'm in the west coast. When I changed time zones, the time in which I logged trackers also changed. For example, if in the east coast I logged something at 9 am, then it would show up as though I logged it at 6 am because I'm currently in the west coast. This messed up some of the existing trackers I had (i.e., whether or not I completed the tracker each day). I ended up archiving the east coast trackers and creating new ones for the west…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Speed up selection process

It seems to take between 2-3 seconds for a selection to register, and if the strides team could speed up the process to be more instantaneous, it would cut down the amount of time needed to track habits significantly. With a long list of habits, it takes upwards of 5 minutes to track my habits, which sounds like a little, but is in fact a lot. I would like to be able to be done with my habit tracking ASAP, and not have to wait 3 seconds to move on to the next habit. I know you want people to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kyle,

Wow, that’s definitely not typical behavior! I have dozens of trackers and tapping the circle checkbox logs them instantly (within 100-500ms).

Feel free to reach out through the Feedback view in the app if you’d like to talk through this by email.

Have a great day!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

11. Password reset

Hi there,

There is no option if you forget your password to rest it. A previously posted link is broken. Can you please rectify?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Catching Up view

Don’t know if this feature exists already, so if it does, I do hope someone will tell me how to do it! But if not, I think this would be useful for many people:

Sometimes I fall behind and don’t log whether I did my items. To “catch up,” I only know to go to each habit, then click the month view, then click on a blank day, then choose yes or no or enter the number or what have you.

Boy that’s a lot of clicks!

I would like to toggle, like we can between Dashboard and Today, and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! That’s one of the best problems the new Daily Goals view solves. If the past days don’t have a full green circle, logs were overdue or missed.

Tap on yesterday, for example, and you’ll see any that are still due at the top so you can get caught up quickly.

Also, you can tap the bell icon to get a reminder in the morning taking you straight to yesterday if there are overdue trackers.

Hope that helps!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

13. Preferred previous format - swipe to complete task

I’m not a fan of the new format. It doesn’t seem as satisfying as the swipe. I’m not logging as much as a result.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! You can still swipe to log, on the new Daily Goals view, and the Dashboard. The checkbox circles are just another, more visible, way to log.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

14. Reset all strides

All missed logs and logs prior to the current date are reset so you can have a fresh start.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kaela,

Thanks for reaching out! After thinking through it, we’ve decided to stick with the Start Over feature, which allows you to delete all logs for a tracker for a fresh start.

If you have multiple trackers you can do this for each one you’d like to start over, and while it is a few extra steps than one button would be, it’s very quick and this is too rare a scenario to add a new function for it in settings.

Also, it’s worth noting that you could change the Start Date to today, rather than deleting all past logs with the Start Over feature, if you’d like to keep the data but still want to start fresh today (the formulas and charts won’t consider anything before the Start Date).

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’d like to track a number of ounces, instead of glasses per day, you can do this with a custom Average tracker.

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

16. Reminder only on scheduled days

Trigger [reminders] if [when to log] = {today}

I want to exercise on Monday Wednesday Thursday but the reminder comes up daily.

I created the goal this morning on Sunday and was reminded at that time today for a MWT goal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry about that. This is how the app is coded, so you might have found a bug we’ve never seen before.

If you see that again, please reach out through the Feedback view in the app so we can figure out why that’s happening for you and get it fixed.

Have a great day!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

17. Recent Success

It would be great that we can track things over the past 90 days for example. This would allow users to see a more accurate reflection of their recent success (or failure). I find that when I have an item I’m tracking that has many many weeks logged my efforts in the recent weeks don’t seem to make much of an impact.

I would be more interested in track ongoing recent progress.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! The best way to do this is to use an Average tracker with the Rolling Average option for the Time Period. You can set any number (e.g. 90) and it will calculate the average of the last X logs only.

If you’re hoping to see historical data by week, month, year, etc. across all tracker types, that’s coming in the big v8.0 Progress Reports update we’re working on. :)

Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

18. Ability in settings to turn off certain tabs

This would be an ideal feature for a paid upgrade, or at least for unrelated tabs. Let me customize the menu pages. For example, if I have already rated on the App Store, I don't want to see a prompt for it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More options to log from

I suggest that you make it so you can choose options like homework, goal, etc. when you choose a option to log your item on the list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can create any kind of tracker with any name you like. It’s totally flexible. If I misunderstood and you’d like us to add a new tracker type, please add a new idea with some details that you’d like to see. Thanks!

20. Give the gift of Strides

Is there a way to send a year subscription to someone as a Christmas present?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brad,

What a cool idea, thanks! :)

The easiest way to do this now is to send them an App Store gift card.

If they don’t have an iOS device, let me know and I can set it up for you through our website.

Thanks so much!
    Kyle Richey
    Strides CEO

• Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base