How can we improve Strides?

Apple Health integration (HealthKit)

It would be really helpful if this linked with HealthKit. If I have a goal for exercise. Or take my vitamins. Or medicines. Etc. and I already log this in another app to be able to track in health, it would be really cool to not have to log it on this one. And get a reminder if it isn’t completed. I know it seems strange, but often I log something in another app because I like to see what I’m doing for my body. It would just eliminate an extra step or two while also tracking my habits (or lack there of) and ways that I’m doing well or need improvement.

495 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wear my Apple Watch all the time for step count I don’t carry my phone around the office or when I’m going to meetings so my step count is incorrect in strides.

This would be helpful in tracking weight and steps- I may just be missing the feature if it already exists, but if not this would be cool!

• Fred Kesler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the most important needs I have is related to Healthkit integration, and that is medications, and reminders at work to get up every xx minutes and to be in the standing mode at my workstation x times for xx minutes (location triggered - auto kick off when in proximity to my laptop and at "work")

It would also be nice to add symptom tracking because I use "habit" to track my symptoms but it's not a positive or negative thing it's just that need to track my symptoms to see if I'm sick, need a diagnosis for a mental disorder, etc.

• Liam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Omg was just thinking of this for weight, lean mass, body fat percentage, waist circumference, etc. So glad it’s planned 🙏

• George Rodin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to weigh in on my smart scale, which syncs to health kit which would then push the weight to strides would be awesome!

Should work both ways: Strides should be able to send data to Health (e.g.Meditate, exercice) or to extract some for reporting (e.g. Walk).

Simple integration to the iOS health app. Should be able to read or write to the app. So then you could have other apps to log your weight and strides would just see it in the health app and mark that goal as complete. Or should put the weight in the health app for other apps to access it. Same type of integration for sleep, if it sees that an app logged 8 hours of sleep, and your goal was to get 8 hours then should automatically mark it as complete.

YES! This would be great! And allow us full access to our Apple health data so we can create whatever custom tracker we want/need. Thanks!

Some habits that can be synced with the iPhone health app like sleeping on time or number of steps in the day or meditation minutes

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base