How can we improve Strides?

Consider When to Log for Streak/Success

I have a habit that is “bike to work” which is set to log MTWThF. I bike ThF one week and MT the next week, and it counts it as 4/6 days instead of 4/4. If it’s only set to log on certain days, only those days should count towards a streak.

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chuck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. I love this app but that is my biggest gripe. I have to log that I workout 7 days a week when I only workout 5 lol

This will be really helpful, streaks make sense if consider when we really want to track habits

Was this implemented? I set up a weekday-only log starting last Tuesday, completed it tues-fri, and am now on Sunday listed as having a 4/6 success rate and a 0 day streak. My understanding if this excellent request has been implemented is that I would be 4/4 with a four-day streak...

Perhaps also that chart to does not show the current week as in failure it's not over yet (ie saying 4/6 weeks when of the 2 is hardly started ....)

I have some habits that are only relevant for specific days of the week (weekdays or the weekend for example). While the “When to Log” setting provides partial support for this, the streak length is still calculated without taking this setting into account. Ideally streak caclulation should only include those days specified in “When to Log” and ignore completions or non-completions on all other days.

Feedback and Knowledge Base