Skip to content

Vote on Features

624 results found

1. Make logging numbers simpler (2 unnecessary clicks every time!)

Say, I need to read 20 pages a day, and that is my habit. When I read my first 10 pages, it's fine, I just log them. But when, later, I want to add another 5 pages, instead of just taking the new number, it always asks me whether I want to delete the old log (like, it should be deeper in the menu, why on Earth would I want to delete it so often?). Finally, when I type the number I want to add, the Mac app won't take it until I click the tick symbol - I cannot…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Weekly Accountability Log

I like to have a weekly note added to my habits with a timestamp, where I write any reasons why i could not achieve a desired habit and what will I do next week to do the same. Sometimes we do fall of for genuine reasons and sometimes its purely out of laziness. This is one feature i really miss when I moved from Habitify to Strides.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Pawan,

Thanks for reaching out! You can add notes with timestamps. Rather than the notes being added to the habit in general, the notes are connected to a log to give them more context.

For example, if you couldn't do the habit on a particular day like you mentioned then you could log no or skip it, then swipe left on it to add a note.

The note will show up on the History and Notes tabs above the tracker's charts to make it easy to see them alongside what you logged at that time.

Hope that helps!

Kyle

3. Web app

Have a web app that can be used to access and update your info

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, we built a web app and kept it up for five years, but unfortunately it was very rarely used and slowed down development for the mobile app, so we shut it down. That allowed us to focus on mobile, which is going very well and we're finally cranking through these feature requests!

4. web option for non-Apple-users

I don't have an iPhone/iPad, but would LOVE to use your app. Is there any chance you could make a web/browser version (or, if it exists, make it available to new users -- someone below mentioned a web version, but there's no link or anything on your website). This would not only help me, but would open Strides up to anyone to use -- adding significantly to your potential market. Which, for a product, is generally considered good.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Average: Move to Done when Goal is reached

I noticed when setting up a habit like "Push-Ups" that if I have a daily goal of say 100, and I log 20 push-ups, then the task is considered as "Done" even though I haven't reached my goal. The same is reflected on the iOS 14 widget. Isn't this a bug? Shouldn't the habit only be considered as Done when I reach my goal of 100?

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reporting averages under the goal is not working

The feature to report a bug is not working so posting this bug here:

I've learned that when I record a goal (Overall average) for a day and in that day I report LESS than the goal, it actually raises the total average. This is obviously wrong. Here are examples:

Notice how the average should be 31 if I enter 20. When entering less than 20, the average is 33.2. When entering over 20, the averages are correct.
    https://www.loom.com/share/e32b876f18a04661b04ebfe8b8b46dc0

Here is background info on the settings for that goal.
    https://www.loom.com/share/67d9d8b75b504edfa78ca8aa6a768ad4

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Your report bug features are broken on iOS

1. The ability to report a bug through the app is not working. The app simply closes and nothing happens. Here is an example:

https://www.loom.com/share/bc9bd9c0760441daae144b2160a7b7d5

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show item do / undo status directly on the to do list page

Currently the daily to do list doesn’t show whether the items is done or undone (e.g show with color or a check mark). I have to click each item to go to the history section to check. This will be inconvenient. Would be good that each items has a color shown or a check mark. Currently it only shows how much done out of the final goal.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Milu,

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. There are Due, Done, Missed and Skipped section headers to group them by their status, and status icons on the left (gray circle in Due, green check in Done, red X in Missed and gray skip icon in Skipped).

Let me know if there's something else I'm missing.

Have a great day!

Kyle

9. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Habits During Multiple Times of Day

Very similar to the current functionality but allow for habits to be in multiple times of day ie I would never work out in the morning but I want to see that habit during the afternoon and evening. I want to see "brush my teeth" only in the morning or evening etc

Cheers!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! Setting the routine to afternoon will automatically show it in afternoon and evening, since it’s set up to show in the selected routine and all routines after.

The only combination that wouldn’t work for this is morning and evening, but not afternoon, though that’s less common. If I get more requests to cover that I’ll think through how we could change the way routines were built to allow for that.

Have a great day!
    Kyle

11. Simplify log history. (The way it used to be)

Please simplify log history. Sometimes I’ll log habits retroactively. When i click the history for a habit I used to be able to click X or check quickly for multiple days. The x and check were not behind another click.

I now have to click a day, then click X or check, then click check in the bottom right hand corner.

3 clicks when it used to be one; why? I used to declare I did Or didn’t do the habit more quickly in this section. Please change it back. Thank you

maybe allow me to click/double click yes or…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add

Please add an “all” option to filters. I often want to mark some thing complete for a past day, or mark addition occurrences beyond the daily goal, and it’s very hard to find it, Especially if it’s not a part of a category or routine. Adding an “all” filter would really help.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michelle,

You can do that from the Reports tab. It shows all trackers by default, and you can swipe right to add a log for a tracker there.

We need to keep the Today tab focused on what’s due today, but swiping to log from Reports can be really helpful when you’re looking at your goals and realize you have more progress to log. :)

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle

13. Discount for University or school students

Hello
    Do you offer a reduced subscription fee for university students? I would really like to upgrade to the lifetime membership but the price is out of my budget!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Keep “Done” Habits in Today View

I’d like an option where “done” habits are kept in the Today view even after the goal number is reached. Eg. Right now, if I have a goal to read 2 times a week, that habit disappears from Today view for the rest of the week as soon as I reach the goal. However, I’d like for it to stay so I can easily log subsequent instances. Just because I’ve already met my minimum quota doesn’t mean I want to stop logging or to not see how much I went over and beyond.

Thank you!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released Strides 12.0 with the Due After Goal Met option for Weekly Habits. Tap the Due field on the tracker Settings view to enable the new setting and it will continue to show up on the selected Due dates for the whole week, even after the goal is reached. Enjoy!

15. I want to be able to mark that I did a task even if I’ve met my goal for the week. I want to be able to log how many times I’ve done it.

I want to be able to mark that I did a task even if I’ve met my goal for the week. I want to be able to log how many times I’ve done it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released Strides 12.0 with the Due After Goal Met option for Weekly Habits. Tap the Due field on the tracker Settings view to enable the new setting and it will continue to show up on the selected Due dates for the whole week, even after the goal is reached. Enjoy!

16. Group trackers by tag

Currently we can view the progress or dashboard of trackers linked to particular tag. This is great help to check if we have done the important tags first.
    Similar view or option to group the trackers per tag can be helpful in data entry window too. This way while checking the pending tasks for today , I can check the important tags first and clear them off.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now you can filter by tag on the Reports tab and the Today tab! We decided to do this instead of grouping with all trackers shown at once, because it’s easier to filter and focus on one tag than to scroll up and down to find separate groups.

17. Trends should relate to goals

In trends the percentage shown currently is the ratio of completition to number of possible recording slots. That means that if I have as a goal to complete an hour of an activity each week and have the app set to ask each day if I have completed the activity and complete the activity on a Sunday, then my completion rate will show up as 14% rather than the intuitive and correct 100%. Can this be adjusted?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Holger,

Thanks for reaching out! The Tracker Completion Rate table only considers dates the tracker was due, according to its Due setting.

So, if you set it to Due every day, but only log it once throughout the week, then its completion rate is 1/7 = 14%.

That said, we’re working on an update with an option to skip a tracker for the day, so you could skip the other days and they won’t count in its reports. :)

Later down the road, my plan is to change the Trends Report table from Tracker Completion Rate to the progress made on each tracker in the selected time period.

Hope that helps. I’ll close this request for now, but feel free to reply or add a new one if you have more thoughts.

Have a great day!
    Kyle

18. Options to show total instead of average in Average

Suggesting if a total can be shown instead of an average in an Average habit.
    Say I want to learn 10 vocab each day. I would want to know how many vocab in total I have learned instead of average.
    Would be great if we can toggle between total/average:
    1. In the past x days
    2. Since a start day till today
    3. Between time a and time b

It's kind of like Target habit without end goal value and date and we can display total/average, whichever we want.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! You can set the Progress Report setting to “This time period’s total” to show a progress bar that sums up what you’ve done so far.

While we won’t be building a whole new subtype of Average allowing for switching between target and average modes, the Target tracker is a great way to track that and stay on pace throughout the goal. It also includes a Daily Goal stat that shows how many you’d need to do per day to reach your goal on time.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle

19. Track additional input above goal

It would be great to be able to track how much I exceed a goal. For example I have a goal set for yoga once a week, but some weeks I manage to get in two sessions! I would like to be able to keep track of this, but after completing the goal it disappears from the list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Emily,

You can always swipe right to add an extra log from the Reports tab.

In an update coming soon we’re adding the ability to continue showing habits after their Goal is met, since you’ll be able to skip them on days you don’t need to do them.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle

20. To-do list and associated goal

I would like to have a goal of completing my to do list every day, and an associated list that will be dynamic. Perhaps I have a list of two phone calls, three chores that are periodic, and a few errands. My list would change daily, but my goal would be the same every day, which is to complete my to do list for that day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Though the list can’t be totally dynamic, this is best done in one of these ways:

1. Create a series of repeating tasks (Habits) to complete on specific days of the week, and the Perfect Day feature will congratulate you when you’ve completed them.

2. Use a to-do list app to add tasks and when you finish it for the day you can track your goal progress in Strides, either with a Habit or Milestones tracker.

• Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base