Skip to content

Vote on Features

466 results found

1. Auto save new goals

When customizing a new goal there is no auto-save which is more normal app expectation. And how to save is not marked clearly. I can add a new goal and customize from template but nothing saves until I click a check Mark at the top which is not intuitive. It should auto save or give a “do you want to save” before deleting all the customizing and having to start over.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! The standard UX on iOS is to have a save button in the top right, with no auto-save, partly because it’s very complex and difficult to do well 100% of the time, but also because – unlike working on a Word doc for hours – setting up a tracker takes a minute or less, so it’s not worth all the development time.

2. Color theme options

The blue is a bit too much especially on the widget. Could premium subscribers get a few options to change the color theme?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Widget app should be able to tick off habits

The widget app shouldn’t have to take me to the actually app to tick off a habit, it should allow me to tick the habit off on the widget. Previously, the widget could do that but since to update, the widget has changed and it’s not very useful

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option in settings to show 10k or above as 10,000 and above

Give option in settings to show number values instead of 10k, 20k, 30k, etc., have an option to show 10,000, 20,000, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include a setting to use the top circle to indicate unanswered habits

The circle at the top currently indicates how close to successful you were in achieving all of your habits. I would find it more valuable to me to know which days I did not answer all of my habit questions. Right now I have to tap through the prior days of the week to see if I missed something.

My habit tracking isn’t a zero-sum game. If I don’t complete all habits in a day, it’s fine. I do want to know I at least accounted for everything each day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. App Icon Badge on bad habit goals

A separate option for "App Icon Badge" to allow for not including bad habits. I.E. "Due Today minus bad habits" Alternatively, only include bad habits in the App Icon Badge after the log reminder time for that bad habit.

Currently, if you have a bad habit that you are logging daily it will cause the app icon badge to be displayed until the habit is logged. For bad habits, it would be nice if it was off until the log reminder time since bad habits are usually something you are trying not to do. So the icon badge is just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix Trends Report to be consistent with Progress Report

The new Trends Report is good, but frustratingly inconsistent with the Progress Report. For example, I have a habit that I want to do at least 20 of per day. The Progress Report will show me my average per day and how that compares with my target, but the Trends Report will only show me how many days I hit/missed the target.

The Trends Report, just like the Progress Report, should show me my average over a particular timeframe, so I can see how my recent trends compare to my historical trends.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out! This is intentional, because each report is custom-built to focus on a different aspect of your progress. The Trends report is focused on how you’ve logged your progress by week, month or year.

I tried designing the Trends report with specific goals and averages displayed and it was a very confusing experience because all of the trackers can have different time periods. Imagine looking at last week’s Trends report and seeing a daily average for one goal, a monthly average for another, a pace/projected for a Target tracker that’s due in 67 days, etc. It gets far too complex to decipher what’s going on, so I kept it simple and focused.

9. Dropbox sync

Hi, am a new user to Strides. Would love to see a Dropbox sync too. At least for data.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Icon lines to thin and poor color contrast

Icon lines to thin and poor color contrast On create habit screens. I can barely tell which one I selected why must the lines be so thin and the colors so light?

And why is “step number 2” so small?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry you feel that way. You’re the first person to mention this, but design is subjective so it’s totally reasonable for some people to dislike a specific design tyle.

That said, Strides follows all of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines, and the text is above the minimum requirements for legibility.

As for “step number 2” I think you mean the subtext in the top nav of the tracker setup process, which says “Step 2 of 3”. It’s smaller than the rest of the text because it’s of very low importance, relative to “Add Tracker” above it, or even the other text on the view. Font size is all about visual weight of importance.

The contrast is low in some cases – like light gray separators for examples – for a very similar reason. There’s no need to have thick, dark separators between table cells when there are large, bold, high-contrast tracker…

11. An option for trackers to be counted toward the Progress bar

Some trackers do not need to be counted toward the progress % bar. Please include an option to toggle on or off for each tracker. It's okay to have it toggled on by default.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Current day should stand out in 7 day Today tab

Its unintuitive that the current day is on far right of the 7 day view at the top of the “Today” tab. It should be outlined or in inverted colors to quickly see the date and progress of todays tasks. It would also be helpful to be able to set what position you want the current day in. My preference would be to set it as the middle of the 7 day view, and see my past 3 days and the next 3 days, if the app could mark the number of upcoming tasks in the circle with small blue…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re considering adding the ability to see future trackers, but we don’t have plans to add a setting for adjusting how many future days show at the top because you’d be able to scroll to see as many as you want.

As for showing which date is selected, the large white text label at the top shows the selected date, which is “Today” by default whenever the view is loaded. I’ve tried dozens of design styles for this, and this is my favorite option overall.

13. Siri Shortcut for Export

Currently, there's no mechanism to automatically export data from Strides via Siri shortcut. My workflow is to load up Strides, export the data, and share it to another Siri shortcut, but this is clunky and depends on me loading/being in strides. An "automated" export (that I could set a trigger for in IOS 14) or a Siri shortcut to trigger and share an export would be super helpful to me (I share my data with my accountability partner).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Windows App

Windows people are people too!

If there is some technical barrier to this, could you let us know?

All I have is a cramped little iPhone. Seeing my progress and plans on a 24 inch monitor would be excellent.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Reduce the number of red badges to the needed ones

Previously, you could leave only badges on the application icon for habits with notification. This way the habits planned for the evening were not displayed all day, but only when the time came. Now the badge is showing up all day and I don't understand if this means that it's time for a habit or if it's showing the following habits.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out!

We just released Strides 10.0 which added a new Progress Reports feature. With that, we had to remove the old status icons from the Dashboard to replace it with the new Reports view, which means there’s no concept of “Alerted” in the app any more, so I wanted to prevent confusion with that badge setting. For now, the badge shows the number of trackers Due Today.

That said, I totally see the value in wanting to know what’s due now, so one of the next features we’re working on is called Routines, which will allow you to choose morning, afternoon or evening routines for each of your trackers. Using those routines, you’ll also be able to set the App Icon Badge to just show what’s Due Now, as opposed to one badge for everything due today.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with all your goals…

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display how much remaining rather than how much completed

I would find it more motivating to see how much I have left to do to reach my (number) goal than how much I have done. Can this be inverted?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Data tracker with 2 data items

I’ve begun using Strides to record my BP and have resorted to entering it as 128.76 to get both parts of the BP reading. Allowing 2 data items would not only solve the BP issue, but several others: time and heart rate for a run or bike workout, time and pace for biking, weight and %fat, and I’m guessing many others. As a product manager myself, I understand why you want to keep trackers generic and multipurpose and why you rejected a specific BP tracker in the past: this idea satisfies both goals.
    There may be other ways to satisfy…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. View Tasks Scheduled start times

Next to each task, it would be great to view the start times so the user has a full view of when each task should start. I find having a start time for all my tasks pushes me to get each task done on time knowing that I have another task with a start time. This also creates discipline throughout the days so everyday I do the marked tasks on time. For ex: 5am Workout (goal 1 hr), 6:20am Important Email follow-ups, 7am Research Articles & Drafting, 9am Team check-in, etc..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Log Due: Automatically Log No at due time

Hey guys. I discovered that someone may not be honest with themselves and this option is definitely for self discipline and honesty.

What does this mean? If user did not mark a habit at specific time then it's automatically set to No. This automatic response will be set only: a) for habits which has set option "Log Due", b) user is not able to change habit status to Yes or No as he\she missed this opportunity > Step b may be cancelled though it would learn self discipline even better

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?