How can we improve Strides?

Turn off a task temporarily

When circumstances do not allow me to perform task I would like to have it turned off temporarily. For example I am out of home and task is about cleaning up home.
Thanks to that I would not be troubled by reminders and it would not count to task statistics.

145 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this as well. Another habit tracker I tried had this feature and it was great. I would like to be able to “skip” days of a habit if it is something, like other people have mentioned, that I can only do at my home, but I go out of town. I didn’t actually do the habit that day, so I don’t want to say that I did, but it shouldn’t count against my streak. Please and thank you!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. I can’t take my piano on vacation, and I can’t do a workout when I’m sick. You should be able to pause a habit for a while, keeping the streak count.

• Sascha Brossmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggestion for a workaround: substitute the specific behaviour for something equivalent and thus keep the habit itself going in terms of “casting votes for the kind of person you want to become” (James Clear)

• Taryn C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone here!

A lot of my goals have to do with class or work. We have vacations or weeks between semesters and would love to be able to turn it off. I don’t want to delete my tracker either but there’s no way to stop them. What if I’ve already hit my goal?

• Rob A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Strides. It’s beautifully simple. And it works like nothing else I’ve tried.

The trouble is, most of my habits are work-related, so it’s also at risk of turning me into a workaholic.

I totally get the logic that you need to do something every day to make it a habit. But there has to be a way to accommodate some time off from work at weekends (not least because you’ll eventually run out of steam otherwise).

Keep up the good work, guys. I’m off to pay for a subscription. :-)

• Person commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! When I’m traveling it doesn’t make sense to consider home related habits.

• Shannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I am seriously contemplating purchasing a subscription. The decision would be much easier if I could pause certain goals. I am still waiting though until I see true progress on a couple of goals before taking that leap.

Feedback and Knowledge Base