How can we improve Strides?

Log time in hr/min

I have a few tasks where I need to track time. For example playing the piano. I I have a goal of 2 hours a week, and at the moment all I can do it count by minutes then do math to figure out 120 means 2 hours. This get more unweildy when I have a goal of 15-20 for something. It would be nice to be able to set a goal as a unit of Time, then add as units of time.

551 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Fsmith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The timer idea sounds nice, but I would definitely want to be able to log time WITHOUT the timer as well. I have other timers that I use, and I prefer to put my phone away when I’m working to prevent distractions.

I want to track a habit as done / not done in the standard way, but also be able to enter the amount of time I spent on that habit. So at the end of a week, I could see (for example) that I meditated five times for a total of two hours.

In addition to time, I may want to track other values throughout the day. For example, one of my goals is to eat a certain number of grams of protein per day. It would be nice to be able to log the value after each meal and then have Strides sum up the total amount for the day

• jlw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes PLEASE for this one. Would like to track how many min I spend w each tool I use for language learning.

Need ability to see date time stamp for when task completed.

Secondary to that- if there is a start button and end button, two datetime stamps should be provided along with a computation that shows task time spent (duration),
    Thanks

I would like to be able to track my fasting start and end. The app could then track the hours of fasting on a table/chart.

I’d really like a timer function. I mainly use your app to record how much time I spent on activities. For example: I try to get myself to read for 300 minutes a week and not play more than 60 minutes of videogames a day. Would be great to be able to just set a timer when i started reading and once I stop it, it adds up to my total reading time. Now I manually have to set timer and calculate.

It should be as the same as entering a habit but it should has a timer
    Like 1 hour studying a subject and it should run a timer and when it ends a bell rings or something

• M.L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also love to input time for amount of time spend studying languages. Maybe adding this under a "Number" goal and having something like "Duration/Time" for "What type of goal is this?" would be helpful. Graphs could still show amount of time spent and also wether or not goals of frequency are met.

A time tracker will definitely make the difference for me between using this app, or not. I used to track times with Eternity and used another app to track the actual habits ... but that quickly became too annoying.

Basically, what I want is: Tap habit to enter this habit, tap start button to start tracking. Have a stop button to complete the session and track it as “done”.

Nice to have: Also add a pause button to track interruptions, and a simple countdown timer that lets me set up a time with a bell - but still wait until I tap “Stop” (I use this for meditation tracking and may continue after the base time is up).

This would be fantastic! I currently use BeFocused Pro to track time intervals for studying to see trends over time, and then manually input the number of sessions completed in strides- but if I could simply track the time within Strides as well that would be extremely helpful.

This was literally the main reason why I got this app. I was sad it didn’t have it in the first place, but I’ve adapted and still love the app, but I’d still like this feature!!

• aosb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hope i understand this request accurately ... i would look be to set a goal of 30 minutes of reading each day and then be able to start stop a timer for each event. the sum of the time defines goal closure.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base