How can we improve Strides?

Log time in hr/min

I have a few tasks where I need to track time. For example playing the piano. I I have a goal of 2 hours a week, and at the moment all I can do it count by minutes then do math to figure out 120 means 2 hours. This get more unweildy when I have a goal of 15-20 for something. It would be nice to be able to set a goal as a unit of Time, then add as units of time.

550 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fsmith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • M.L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also love to input time for amount of time spend studying languages. Maybe adding this under a "Number" goal and having something like "Duration/Time" for "What type of goal is this?" would be helpful. Graphs could still show amount of time spent and also wether or not goals of frequency are met.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be fantastic! I currently use BeFocused Pro to track time intervals for studying to see trends over time, and then manually input the number of sessions completed in strides- but if I could simply track the time within Strides as well that would be extremely helpful.

This was literally the main reason why I got this app. I was sad it didn’t have it in the first place, but I’ve adapted and still love the app, but I’d still like this feature!!

• Yochai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Would love a duration of a habit or goal. Currently I add into my description (e.g. read for one hour, run for 30 minutes)

It could be very useful. And move this software to the next level. I hope that developers could realize it. Thank you!

• S-A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So happy to this is planned

Most of my goals are time based
        As leaving the house on time determines weather or not I can get to the gym at the end of my day before going home

Like the other comment I use a separate app to convert time to a number .. like 9:50 .. = 9.83

But then as I'm reviewing my progress you have to then think about your actual average time result .. what time is 9.37 (well it's 9:22)

Thanks
        S-A

I'm tracking my progress toward being able to run a 6 minute mile and this would be very helpful!

It's exactly my case too. I use Soulver to convert time and it's an annoying extra step.

This would be a great feature for my kid who needs to keep track of how much time he spent practicing each day (cello).

Yes, adding "do by a certain time" feature would be a HUGE improvement for me. Daily habits especially morning habits need to have a time deadline (both in the app and consciously in my mind) - otherwise they can start to build up!! And having a deadline ensures they get done rather than pushed to the end of the day, and then skipped due to becoming too tired / having to many things left in the list. (Eg - meditate daily in the morning needs a deadline "by 10am")
        It would be great to see a graph to be able to plot ideal time vs deadline (eg meditate daily in the morning - ideal time 7.30am, deadline by 10am)
        This would be one of my top missing features of a truly effective habit logging / changing / creating app.
        Thanks

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base