How can we improve Strides?

Progress Reports

The tracking of habits is quite good but instead of the dashboard we should have an option to switch to analytics view that would display all habits in calendar mode or in a graph so we can get a general idea of how we are doing with all our habits without having to click on each one individually. Tracking is useless without the ability to easily get the picture of where we stand and what we need to improve and that’s not as smooth as it should be right now in my opinion. Also would be very helpful for those of us who are more visually inclined and those who want to do a review of all their habits once a day or once a week without having to spend a lot of time on the app. (There’s also something that’s really pleasing to the eyes by just watching numbers, a graph would be much better) PLEASE UPVOTE SO THE DEVELOPERS CAN SEE THIS (if you agree of course).

1,305 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminKyle Richey (CEO / Founder, Strides) responded  · 

Status update: We’re wrapping up a few improvements to the app that lay a solid foundation for the Progress Reports feature.

The only step left after v7.7.1 for iOS is to add support for reports to the API, so while we do that we’ll rebuild the Apple Watch app, then focus 100% on the big v8.0 release of Progress Reports!

Thanks for your patience. It’ll be worth the wait. :)

77 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lorenzo (Don't send me spam) Vidali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a graph available to show your overall performance across all habits and goals.

Would either display as a single metric (average success), or all habit and goal graphs overlaid on top of each other (or user can choose display option?)

• Kyle M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Much needed. Think of apple health that stacks summary graphs for whatever you want to see. Right now there's way too much tapping to go in a goal to see progress and back out, in and out, in and out.

Would also be great to have done indicator or badge next to each goal right on the dashboard that shows which are on streaks or which are trending with success.

Seeing an overview of how I'm doing is lacking - needs something.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does my dashboard this week or this month compare to my dashboard last week or last month? I can see for each activity how I have been on track or not over a period of time, but would love to compare a higher level view of my overall dashboard.

• kimberly teich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if I could see the success rate of all goals under a tag. For example, what is the success rate of all #fitness goals

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to see a simultaneous overview of all goals set, to see where progress is being made, consistency is lacking, etc. Probably color coded.

As it is, we have to click on each habit entry to see our percentage success, streak, etc. beyond the current week. I'd like to be able to see those kind of stats for all my habits at once. That way I can see more easily that, over all, I'm doing well flossing and reading, but I need to focus more on cleaning a little every day, for example. I'd suggest arrows to each side of the word "Dashboard" at the top, so we can scroll through different views, from the current week's completion the dashboard shows now, right one to this month's stats, right again to this year, right again to all-time, and finally back to the current dashboard, or something like that.

Hey guys just an idea, but it would be really nice if you could give us an overall percentage of how we are doing. So since I started using the app I'm achieving 80 percent overall. Also a monthly average and maybe even a weekly avg as well. It would be a simple math equation and a really cool feature.

Also what would be cool is a graph to visualize your goals and progress as well. Thanks!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add that there should be an option to have an overall graph for each goal independently. I'd like to see a graph showing all the days I worked out from the start of the tracker, the last year, the last month, and the last week. I'd like to see the same info for each tracker I have.

• Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An alarm and weekly report view to examine your progress at the end of the week, much like the concept behind Omnifocus' weekly review (and GTD).

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the top of the screen there is the global progress calculated from every task

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base