Vote on Features

1. Group trackers by tag

Currently we can view the progress or dashboard of trackers linked to particular tag. This is great help to check if we have done the important tags first.
    Similar view or option to group the trackers per tag can be helpful in data entry window too. This way while checking the pending tasks for today , I can check the important tags first and clear them off.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to set app startup view

Currently, when you open the app, by default it opens up to ‘Today’ list. How about if user can get an option to be able to choose what the app starts up to: either the today list, or the tag/dashboard list.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out! I can see the appeal to opening the app on the Dashboard view now, but we’re updating the Dashboard to Reports to focus on its intended purpose: Analysis.

The idea is to have the Today view for logging (input) and the Reports view for analysis (output).

You’ll still be able to swipe to log on the Reports view, but we’re encouraging logging from the Today view since it’s specifically built for that purpose.

3. Add Photo to Goal Notes

Allow pictures to be attached to goals and milestones to help with motivation through visualization

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Break big goal into small steps

Create a new tracker type with the ability to add checklists/milestones and break them into smaller steps.

915 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It’s great to see this one getting so much interest! We’ve designed a new tracker type specifically for breaking big goals down into small steps, and we’ll release it as soon as we’re able. Thanks for your patience. Have a great day!

5. Track weekly habits by accounting for "free days", like Productive

Strides is in general a much better app than Productive, but the one thing that Productive does way better is tracking weekly habits accurately. So, for example, if I want to exercise 4 times per week, my first three days in a week that I don't exercise are "free", and don't count against my "perfect score" for those days.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve History view

Make it easier to see log history by removing empty rows for unlogged days, allow choosing/editing time stamps, show notes in-line, improve legibility and make it easier to add/delete logs.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Track habits that I want to do 3 times a week, but within the day, I can mark them multiple times

Track habits that I want to do 3 times a week, but within the day, I can mark them multiple times.

For example, I want to meditate 3 times a week for 10 minutes at least. However, I want to definitely mediate 3 times a week. If I set it as a habit at the moment, then I could do 30 minutes in one session, and then mark the habit 3 times, and am done for the week. But that is not what I want to do. I want to have a minimum goal of 10 minutes (to make it…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. An option for trackers to be counted toward the Progress bar

Some trackers do not need to be counted toward the progress % bar. Please include an option to toggle on or off for each tracker. It's okay to have it toggled on by default.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tracker types: Make it easier to choose

Would love to have the option to edit the tracker type on an already created tracker OR to see an example of how the results would populate when you create a new item to track so you can decide how you really want to see the results without having to create multiple items with different tracker types just to see what it would look like.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out! Since the tracker types have different data types it’s not possible to change the type after the fact, but I totally agree that it should be easier to choose the type upfront. So, I designed a new way to do that with screenshots of the charts and goal/habit examples when choosing a type. We’ll add this later this year, after Progress Reports, iOS 14, etc.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Kyle

10. Remove Notifications After Logging Or on Consecutive Day

Hey Kyle,

Thanks for responding to my last idea about removing notifications from the lock screen after they've been logged.

Firstly, I'd like to request the automatic removal of habit notifications from prior days. I.e any reminders from yesterday are automatically cleared at midnight.

Secondly, I've done some testing and figured out the issue I'm having. When you set a reminder for a singular habit and then log the habit through the app the reminder will disapear. However, if you have two or more reminders in your notifications and you log one of them off the notification won't disapear. The…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Windows App

Windows people are people too!

If there is some technical barrier to this, could you let us know?

All I have is a cramped little iPhone. Seeing my progress and plans on a 24 inch monitor would be excellent.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out! We are a very small self-funded team and building a Windows app would be a very complex and expensive undertaking for us.

We spent years – and lost a lot of money – building a Web app, only to have very few people use it, so this isn’t likely something we’ll do any time soon. That said, it’s possible once we’ve built the top requests.

Best of luck with all your goals & habits!
    Kyle

12. Ability to Set End Date for Archived Habits

When a habit is moved to the archive, we should be able to set a date the tracking is stopped.
    I like the data I used to have about % of days I accomplished the habit, but as time passes and I am no longer logging it because it has been replaced and is in the archive, the data is diluted by months of inactivity that is factored into the percentage. By archiving the habit, I want to preserve that data for the active period, not lose it to time.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. App Icon Badge on bad habit goals

A separate option for "App Icon Badge" to allow for not including bad habits. I.E. "Due Today minus bad habits" Alternatively, only include bad habits in the App Icon Badge after the log reminder time for that bad habit.

Currently, if you have a bad habit that you are logging daily it will cause the app icon badge to be displayed until the habit is logged. For bad habits, it would be nice if it was off until the log reminder time since bad habits are usually something you are trying not to do. So the icon badge is just…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. One-Time Tasks

I have used almost every productive / tracker app there is and Strides is by far the best but in my opinion it lacks this one simple tool. Strides has become my calendar app and if I could add in random tasks as well it would remove the need for me to switch to my calendar app at all. I'm aware that Strides is not trying to be a Calendar app but this simple addition would allow me to have an overview of EVERYTHING I need to do that day including the little tasks like remembering to "Pay a bill"…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dropbox sync

Hi, am a new user to Strides. Would love to see a Dropbox sync too. At least for data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to have all trackers displayed on the Today tab

Even when I have met my target for a week I still need to log how I perform on the following days. At the moment I have to go into each tracker to do that. Ideally I would be able to display and easily log all active trackers (regardless of whether target met) on a version of the Today tab, as I think used to be the case, please. Otherwise App becomes very time consuming to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out! We’re planning to add a feature that will allow you to see everything on the Today view, even after its goal is met. In the meantime, rather than tapping a tracker, then its History tab, adding a log and going back twice, you can save time by swiping to log from the Reports tab. Best of luck with all your goals & habits!

17. A Counter without goal value

I’d like to be able to track how many times I complete a habit in a day without making a specific goal of how many to achieve. This way I can feel good each time I mark it, while staying flexible to the time I have on that particular day

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Log Due: Automatically Log No at due time

Hey guys. I discovered that someone may not be honest with themselves and this option is definitely for self discipline and honesty.

What does this mean? If user did not mark a habit at specific time then it's automatically set to No. This automatic response will be set only: a) for habits which has set option "Log Due", b) user is not able to change habit status to Yes or No as he\she missed this opportunity > Step b may be cancelled though it would learn self discipline even better

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Habit Folders

A folder to store habits. For example, I take multiple supplements and would like to be able to group a bunch of separate habits into the one folder. This would clear up the habit screen and also let me have a reminder for the "Supplements folder" whilst in the folder I could check off each one as I take it.

This would also allow the creation of routines that send one notification (for the folder) instead of getting 5 notifications etc at the same time for each different tracker that I want to accomplish in my routine.

This also accomplishes…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Vote on Features