How can we improve Strides?

Break big goal into small steps

Create a new tracker type with the ability to add checklists/milestones and break them into smaller steps.

461 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminKyle Richey (Founder & CEO, Strides) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I downloaded this, but not even going to bother using it, as I can’t figure out how to add new milestones to a project:-( Something so basic should not be so difficult to work out.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment, when you create a project, each task is weighted to get to 100%. Sub tasks should have their own individualized metrics, i.e. Complete vs incomplete (rather than percentage slider) or target number of tickets sold with the slider linked to that on the front end.

Especially for Project Tasks:
        Many milestones, especially of projects, are multi faceted and it would be great to be able to record each part.

Example: milestone, sub-milestone, sub-sub-milestone, etc.

I am starting to use this for 12 week year technique. I'd like to be able to have a fitness goal that is a roll up of individual habits like core training, cardiovascular, and weight loss.

Huge fan of nested goals for rituals. Since I would want to still comment and track each sub task, I'd see this initially acting like a folder showing % complete

Later I'd be happy to see an advanced analytic breakdown so I could see the holes in my routine (identified via most regularly incompleted).

+1 for nested goals. On the website says "project with milestones" but I couldn't find this feature.

Dissappointed this hasn't been given more attention, over the past year. It is important enough, to me, to be a deciding factor in continuing to use/subscribe to strides.

Strides is great for habit tracking, but this is one of the things that would make it great for goal setting.

Best.

• Phil LaZenby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most milestones can be broken down further into smaller tasks or milestones. Breaking projects down to the small incremental steps you can take daily is key to achieving large goals.

Similar to swipes app.... add action steps ... this would really add to strides

I'd love to see the ability to creat a goal...then create steps to accomplish that goal. When each step is ticked off, the goal bar fills up like you already have it doing.

For example: Lose 3 pounds this week.

Write my goal on the white board
        Plan my meals for the week
        Run on Monday
        Yoga on Tuesday
        Etc

I would like to be able to have a major goal and milestones underneath it that can be goals as well.

For example:

Take Blog Public
        - Complete About Me
        - Complete initial draft
        - Review
        - Complete final draft
        - Publish
        - Publish first blog post
        - Complete initial draft
        - Review
        - Complete final draft
        - Publish
        Etc.

• Santiago Perez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for Nested Goals. For example Exercise should be a habit goal that you put under a milestone goal.

Yes, nested goals! A subset of tasks that would only appear when you touch the main goal

I track rituals which is a series of habits.
        Like:
        Morning ritual:
        - Stretch
        - Drink 500ml lemon water
        - Ask daughter and spouse what they want for breakfast
        - put on coffee
        - Make breakfast
        - Eat breakfast together
        - Plan day with wife

It would be great to have these inside a habit to review them easily. This is great espesically at the beginning of a new ritual :)

• Hatim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if strides allows one to create tasks under goals and be able to track the progress on each one of them. Thanks!

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely a definite requirement to achieve major goals in life.
        Big goals are hard to achieve without bite size, implementable daily tasks.
        Please add this feature in future update! Thanks!

Absolutely needed to track progress of achieving goals. Track the steps needed to accomplish a goal. Tie those steps to a goal. Yes!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base