How can we improve Strides?

Break big goal into small steps

Create a new tracker type with the ability to add checklists/milestones and break them into smaller steps.

568 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminKyle Richey (CEO / Founder, Strides) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminKyle Richey (CEO / Founder, Strides) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Gail: To add a new Milestone to a project, tap Add Milestone on its Edit Tracker view (tap the tracker, then its Settings icon in the top right).

@Carl: I added this idea in November. There are votes and comments showing from years ago for this because I merged some related ideas that were created a long time ago, but were unpopular so they weren't a priority. With all of them merged together, and with the popularity of this new idea, it's now in the top 5 by votes, so it's much higher on our list now. We're planning to build this new tracker type after a quick Focus Timer feature, Progress Reports and some sync optimization on iOS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this Strides? I see comment dating 2 years back which make me worrying/wonder how slow you ship. This seem to be the most requested feature and something I’d like before going premium. It’s a great feature to add as a premium btw.

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this listed as “planned” but it seems people have been voting on it for a few years now? Is this ever going to be implemented because it makes using this app for goals difficult since setting milestones is a popular goal tracking method.

I downloaded this, but not even going to bother using it, as I can’t figure out how to add new milestones to a project:-( Something so basic should not be so difficult to work out.

I’d like subtasks for things like daily workouts- the overall task being “did I work out?” and the subtasks being each exercise I’m supposed to do daily (pushups, lunges, planks).

Make kpis an optional step for folks who want a single app versus using another as well.

• Sascha Brossmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please DON'T. There are excellent task management apps out there (OmniFocus etc), that do this very well. Strides should stay simple so one can focus on the essentials that really make a difference.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment, when you create a project, each task is weighted to get to 100%. Sub tasks should have their own individualized metrics, i.e. Complete vs incomplete (rather than percentage slider) or target number of tickets sold with the slider linked to that on the front end.

• Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this! I am studying German, my program has 7 levels with 20 some odd lessons for each level. I would like to be able to add the lessons to the levels without making a goal for each one, just having the goal to finish the German class

• Teo Grönvall Lund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a goal of getting a new apartment. With this goal you need several kpis. I need to check off that Looked once every day, where I am with the financing, how many viewings etc. A goal should support sub goals with different kpis.

Especially for Project Tasks:
    Many milestones, especially of projects, are multi faceted and it would be great to be able to record each part.

Example: milestone, sub-milestone, sub-sub-milestone, etc.

I am starting to use this for 12 week year technique. I'd like to be able to have a fitness goal that is a roll up of individual habits like core training, cardiovascular, and weight loss.

Huge fan of nested goals for rituals. Since I would want to still comment and track each sub task, I'd see this initially acting like a folder showing % complete

Later I'd be happy to see an advanced analytic breakdown so I could see the holes in my routine (identified via most regularly incompleted).

+1 for nested goals. On the website says "project with milestones" but I couldn't find this feature.

Dissappointed this hasn't been given more attention, over the past year. It is important enough, to me, to be a deciding factor in continuing to use/subscribe to strides.

Strides is great for habit tracking, but this is one of the things that would make it great for goal setting.

Best.

• Phil LaZenby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most milestones can be broken down further into smaller tasks or milestones. Breaking projects down to the small incremental steps you can take daily is key to achieving large goals.

Similar to swipes app.... add action steps ... this would really add to strides

I'd love to see the ability to creat a goal...then create steps to accomplish that goal. When each step is ticked off, the goal bar fills up like you already have it doing.

For example: Lose 3 pounds this week.

Write my goal on the white board
    Plan my meals for the week
    Run on Monday
    Yoga on Tuesday
    Etc

I would like to be able to have a major goal and milestones underneath it that can be goals as well.

For example:

Take Blog Public
    - Complete About Me
    - Complete initial draft
    - Review
    - Complete final draft
    - Publish
    - Publish first blog post
    - Complete initial draft
    - Review
    - Complete final draft
    - Publish
    Etc.

• Santiago Perez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for Nested Goals. For example Exercise should be a habit goal that you put under a milestone goal.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base